AIT/ MAP install

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
GODCHSR
Car: 1996 Nissan 240sx

There is only one wire you have to re-pin. The rest can just use the stock engine wiring harness.
INSTALLING AEM MAP SENSOR

1-Cut and splice the stock MAF sensor plug
2-Cut and splice thew AEM MAP wires
3-Wire the two together like this:
*Black/White > Red
*Black > Black
*White > White
4-Go to ECU wiring harness and move Pin 47 to Pin 66.
5-Tap into a vacuum source for the Intake Manifold and connect MAP Sensor.

INSTALLING GM AIT SENSOR

1-Cut and Splice Stock IAT Sensor plug
2-Cut and Splice 'new' AIT Sensor wires
*Blue>Brown
*Black Black
(The colors may vary depending on the AIT you choose)
4-There is no need to repin the ECU. These are the stock locations.
5-Place AIT sensor in a similar location to the stock IAT: Pre Turbo for maximum benefit.

*Note: AIT and IAT are the same thing Intake Air Temp or Air Intake Temp. They are simply different uses of nomenclatures based on the company manufacturing it.
Last edited by GODCHSR on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

GODCHSR wrote:Just curious where you guys all installed your AIT and MAP sensors?
Wondering where you went dude. Was hoping you didn't fall victim to the recession. I put the IAT sensor where it will see the coldest air, will run more timing this way. Helps with the off boost driving etc. I've only used MAP sensors for sub injection and I always sourced the vac signal from the intake manifold.

WD

GODCHSR

lol... No quite the opposite. I actually am benefitting from this. Our company is in great shape and had it's most profitable year... having said that. They are squeezing more work out of us now too... I think because they know we won't leave. :crybaby

So I should be putting the IAT pre-turbo then. OK I thought it was post FMIC. My mistake.
Anyway... OK, so I hooked up the MAP to a vacuum on the manifold and I'm using the existing wires from the MAF to make 'wiring simple'.

FYI for all the AEM EMS users:

AEM Map sensor Red>49 Black>50 Green>66
AIT (I'm using GM) Brown>28 Black>50

GODCHSR

OK... Here's the deal. I'll do a full writeup on wiring this. IT IS EASY!!!!!!!!

There is only one wire you have to re-pin. The rest can just use the stock engine wiring harness.

*Black/White > Red
*Black > Black
*White > White

INSTALLING GM AIT SENSOR

*Blue>Brown
*Black Black

*Note: AIT and IAT are the same thing Intake Air Temp or Air Intake Temp. They are simply different uses of nomenclatures based on the company manufacturing it.

silvie
Car: 1995 240sx KA24DE-T

AEM 1611
840cc injectors
GT35R

For me it did not work out correctly when wiring it this way, not saying that your way doesnt work, but it did not work for me.. The black/white is a 12v source. The RED wire from map sensor should get 5 volts not 12.

Therefore RED>49(L/R), tap into, do not cut (this is also your TPS voltage wire). (you actually made reference to this in an earlier post.)

Details long story short. Map sensor voltage read higher than normal on AEM EMS, about 2.25v with key on, 0psi, on AEM 5bar map. Per AEM data sheet voltage should maintain about 1.8v at 0psi. If the voltage going in is wrong, the voltage coming out will be wrong.

FYI for all the AEM EMS users:

AEM Map sensor Red>49 Black>50 Green>66
GODCHSR wrote:OK... Here's the deal. I'll do a full writeup on wiring this. IT IS EASY!!!!!!!!

*Black/White > Red
*Black > Black
*White > White

INSTALLING GM AIT SENSOR

*Blue>Brown
*Black Black

SiDwAyZ240
Car: 95' SR Slayer, '02 LT Tahoe, '03 Chev Express is the DD

So I should be putting the IAT pre-turbo then. OK I thought it was post FMIC. My mistake.

I thought the IAT was supposed to go after the inter-cooler and as close to the throttle body as possible to give an accurate reading.

Seishuku
Car: 1987 Nissan S12, 5-speed, SR20DE+T 50trim T3@15PSI, Megasquirt 1 029y4

Yeah, the IAT should be just before the throttle body, that way it's getting correct temp that's actually entering the engine.

If you're getting your temp from ambient, the speed density calculations are basically relying on MAP only and speed density needs to be as accurate as possible (since it's just an approximate calculation of the actual mass air entering the engine).

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”