Airbag sensor going off

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
brett83501
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano
2005 Nissan Titan

My 2005 Nissan Titan SE has just over 46,000 miles on it. Almost 3 months ago or right when I hit 45,000 miles my airbag sensor started blinking. I figured it was just one of those things cars put on them so you have to take them into the dealership to get the reset. I found in the forum how to reset it and it worked. Well then about a week later it went off again and reset it again, and now it's been going off it seems like about once a week and I reset it and it lasts a week. Now with the airbag recalls I'm wondering if it could be a bigger issue. According to the list my year of Titan wasn't part of the recall but other 2005 Nissan's were just not the Titan which seemed suspicious to me whey did they not recall that since I'm sure the same airbags were used. Anyway any tips of how to rest it so it' won't keep going off every week?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I don't think the recall units would have a failure that causes the light to flash... it's more about what happens as they're detonated.

Your Titan should be able to flash an error code to tell you more about what fault is causing the light to come on. Check out your truck's factory service manual at http://www.nissanservicemanual.com. On our G35, a moron technician at the dealership left the wiring harness dangling under the driver's seat, and it was getting pulled when the seat moved. I fixed it with some cable ties, along with some other stupid stuff he did under there.

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”