airbag light

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
sushi

i have tried everything to get rid of that stupid light, but i don't want to pull the bulb out. i will try to disconnect my battery for 24 hours and see what happens. i have tried the door ajar button thing but the method described on the faq on 240sx.org doesn't work, it only shows the code, i tried resetting the ecu, nothing worked. the code i got was 02 which is driver side module, what the hell is that? this thing is really bothering me, any feedback will help, thanks

S14 Stud

sounds like what I had...I didn't run the codes though and I tried the door button as well..I got tired of looking at the damn thing, so instead of unplugging the button (which you would probably have to break before it would come off) I just took the bulb with the wires and everything out of the dash and hid it behind the console so it's still on but it's not like flashing at my face. Don't worry about it too much...the airbag will still work (cuz it worked when I got in a wreck) but if you are tired of looking at the light just go and hide the bulb behind the dash

drjohn

The drivers side module is the steering wheel airbag. It either has a open drivers airbag module or the clock spring under the steering wheel is broken or open. This would be a good thing to have checked out by the dealer. The airbags are very costly and the clock spring can be broken easily if installed incorrectly.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”