Airbag light

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Mikel

I have a 96 200SX. the airbag light is on and the reset procedure just turns it off for a second, it comes right back on.

What's the procedure to get the airbag diagnostic codes so I know what I need to replace/repair?

Thanks in Advance.

NISTECH

the only way i know how to pull codes on airbag is with a consult(nissan scanner) or a snap on scanner. I dont believe there is a procedure for doing it with the light. there was a procedure on some of the early air bag systems on nissan where you got in the car turned the key on then turn the key off and hit the door switch ten times with in 10 sec and turn the key on and codes would flash. but i have never used that procedure so I am not sure that is 100% correct. If it dont work let me know and I will play with one on monday and see if i can get it to do it.

NismoVA
Car: Nissans

I have a question related to the air bag as well...

I have a 1998 Nissan 200SX SE-R and a 1997 Nissan 200SX SE-R I have installed a Sparco aftermarket steering wheels in both cars now how in the heck do I get the air bag light to go off?The light always stays on.:help

Thanks for your help ahead of time:D

dixjo
Car: drums, computers, cars

I may be wrong...but you should be able to read the codes with the OBD II code scanning device thingy. I was able to get one from O'Reilley's. Just left a deposit, returned it in a few days and got my money back...

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

The airbag light is unrelated to OBDII. A generic OBDII scan tool can not read airbag codes. The only exception is the Snap-on scan tool, as NISTECH said, or the consult (obviously).

dixjo

OBD II can't read airbag codes? hmm....seems weird to me, but then, I don't know much so...

Rock on!

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

OBD is designed simply for emissions. In other words, if the problem doesn't effect the emissions of the car, then it will not cause a check engine light. OBD only has to do with the check engine light.

dixjo

I have an OBD II Plus reader made by OTC (no idea if that stands for anything-just brand name): the monitor 4000E. I borrowed it from my dad, and it was able to display my rpm's, my speed, emmissions and several other things on it. Is this typical for OBD II readers?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

dixjo wrote:I have an OBD II Plus reader made by OTC (no idea if that stands for anything-just brand name): the monitor 4000E. I borrowed it from my dad, and it was able to display my rpm's, my speed, emmissions and several other things on it. Is this typical for OBD II readers?

OTC stands for Owatonna Tool Company, because they are made in Owatonna, MN.

And yes, that is typical for an OBDII reader. The 4000E is a fairly nice unit, I've used it myself.

shane bigler

Has anyone found out if the "door switch" method works or not. I tried hitting is seven times and it didnt work but this is the first Ive heard fo ten. Otherwize the snap on scanner will work eh? Is it dealer specific?

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”