Air injection cutoff

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Dilf96

Hey guys im currently replacing my engine in my 97 altima and I had a vacuum line broke to the air injection cut off. Part number from nissan is 226225e500. I was wondering if there was a cheaper option for this part? Anywhere I can get it cheaper? The stealer ship wants 160 bucks out the door.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NicoClub! :)

What are you saying? I read "the vacuum line broke"... replace the vacuum line. It's a rubber hose. 50 cents. Then you list the part number for your control valve assembly injector controller valve. Well, if the line is broke and you fix it, then you might not need the part.

Anyway, that part can be had at Courtesy Nissan for just about $100, so that saves you $60 bucks. http://www.courtesyparts.com/oe-nissan/226225e500 What you might be able to do is to show the local dealership that other dealerships sell for this price and maybe they'll do a price match for you... Parts stores might be cheaper with an off brand, but you'd want to call and ask them.

But, how do you know that part is bad? Did you run diagnoses tests on it and it failed? I mean, you might be able to clean it and put it back in and all is fine. That's what I did with my idle air control valve and auxiliary air control valve... and egr valve. None needed to be replaced (lucky me!). You would want to make sure a part is bad before replacing it, especially if it seems like an expensive part.

This link is to your FSM which you can use for diagnoses. You might look to the EC chapter. There is diagnoses for the idle control valve stuff (page 189) and for undetectable stuff like the air regulator (page 250) that might be related to your issues.

Hopefully you'll write back and let us know what you found and what's working or not working to fix your issues.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”