Air Filter?

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
M35SFIREMEDIC
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35S, Moonlight White, K&N Filter, Mobil 1, Michelin Primancy MXM4's.

Hey guys, I'm about to have my first oil service on my new 2016 Altima SR. I changed my air filter to a K&N filter on my Infiniti M35S, but I had 60k miles. The question I have is do I need to change to a K&N filter now, or do I need to wait until I get 50k or 60k miles?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Actually Nissan MAFs really, really do not like oiled filters such as the original K&N.

To make matters worse MAFs problems are sometime more difficult to diagnose than you'd think and I've seen dealers look at (and replace) ox sensors and camshaft sensors before, when in the end it was really the MAF.

Aaaand an OEM MAF (just the part) costs about $700 ( and the aftermarket ones are usually, not sometimes, usually) barely serviceable and often broke out of the box.

Def best to let sleeping dogs lie.

If you had no problems w/ a K&N on your M in the past that's great and I know many people (I am on of them) love the feeling of doing something to improve the car but this is not what most old Nissan hands recommend.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”