? Air Conditioning - No Air, No Warnings - 2011 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Z-Knight

I was driving in stop/go traffic yesterday with air conditioning running and near maximum - all of a sudden I hear a small noise (like something shutting off and a fan slowing down) and my AC stopped flowing out. I did not get any warning messages on my display and restarting car did not bring it back. Basically when it is on, the AC light is on, but I do not feel any air flowing. I guess it could be two options (or more) - could it be my AC blower is not working, or the Compressor? If the air is not blowing at all then could that still be a compressor?

Let me ask a small side question - when I turn on my car, with AC off, I notice that my radiator fans (two near the front) are NOT moving at all. I don't know if they necessarily kick on with starting the car so that is why I am asking how they actually work. I then tried to turn on my AC full, and the fans did not turn on either - they did later though, and I'm wondering if those are necessarily connected to how the AC works? I mean, do they maybe turn on when the radiator reaches a certain temperature so not necessarily when the AC is on? Are they really a separate system since there is an AC blower (I think) that control the air flow? I'm asking multiple questions because I just don't know how the system works.

Also, let me mention some other issues I noticed lately.
1) A couple of months ago, my left turn signal started to blink (and make clicking sound) faster than normal - like double speed. I learned that this could be a connection issue with the lightbulb and so actually replacing it should fix it, or sometimes removing the lightbulb and reinserting it fixes things - well, it seems simply doing that fixed it.
2) The night before my AC trouble, my TPMS (Tire Pressure Light) started to blink for a while, then because solid, then went away, and then repeated a few minutes later. It did not warn me that I had air pressure system issue - so from reading it seems like a TPMS sensor issue. I added more air in the system and since drove it home about 30 miles (after my AC problem) without the TPMS issue

Could all of these things be related - do I have some darn electrical issue? Ugh...hopefully, not cause it seems like it is a worse problem than just a broken AC blower.

Thanks for any inputs and suggestions. Going into dealer tomorrow to hopefully fix it.

Rockhoundrob
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL

New here, so I am answering based on what I know from other cars...
1) When you say " no air", are you talking about the vent? If so, turn off the "AC" and just have normal air blowing. If you have no air coming in the vent, then
your blower motor may be bad, the relay is bad, or the fuse is bad.

Check the relay and fuse first. If they seem good, then remove blower motor and check the motor with a battery before replacing it.
If it turns out your blower motor works, then you have a problem with the controller (the buttons/dials on the dashboard).

In other cars, if the AC compressor is not working, your blower motor should still be running. You could have the car running and turn on the AC, then feel the 2 AC lines.
One line should be warm/hot, the other side should be cold.

Z-Knight

Per the Dealer it was the AC Blower. I had NO air in vents, be it HOT or COLD air, not fan. Nothing was blowing out.

The dealer quoted me $766 for that repair - a local service company was around $500.

But I have additional issues with this car that the dealer pointed out and now have to decide by tomorrow if I should buy a new car and trade this one in after the AC is fixed. Making another post on this topic.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Responded to your other post.

Why do you have to decide by tomorrow? The service department isn't in charge, you are.

Z-Knight

true that - I'm just being torn by multiple people in different directions so I feel pressured. I have decided to get the AC blower fixed and the other issues I have (engine cooler o-ring leak, front cv boot) will hold off for a little bit while I decide on 2020 vs 2021 car upgrade (per my other post).

TheRogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Z-Knight wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 am
true that - I'm just being torn by multiple people in different directions so I feel pressured. I have decided to get the AC blower fixed and the other issues I have (engine cooler o-ring leak, front cv boot) will hold off for a little bit while I decide on 2020 vs 2021 car upgrade (per my other post).
IMHO don't feel pressured. :) LOL.

Everyone has a different perspective and situation.

But nice to hear different ideas.

So down the road, you can say you thought about it, but decided to go in a different direction. :)

Take care! :)
TheRogue.

Return to “Rogue Forum”