Air Conditioning - 2014 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

I have the seals where the compressor and tubes meet replaced 3 times now, seems to be a common problem. Pretty much follows the pattern you describe works from the go for about 30-40 minutes (sometimes longer) then gradually decreases in power despite the blower blowing. Apparently these seals don't hold up too well over time and eventually ice starts to form, freezing them and blocking the flow of air... may not be the same problem you have, but worth a look.

yusuke08
Car: Rogue [X-trail Advance] 2017

frijolito wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 am
I have the seals where the compressor and tubes meet replaced 3 times now, seems to be a common problem. Pretty much follows the pattern you describe works from the go for about 30-40 minutes (sometimes longer) then gradually decreases in power despite the blower blowing. Apparently these seals don't hold up too well over time and eventually ice starts to form, freezing them and blocking the flow of air... may not be the same problem you have, but worth a look.
Hi, I have the same car/model as yours (Xtrail advance). Did you got a permanent fix? Cause last week I took the car to a long trip and noticed that problem. Only temp fix I could do while driving was to turn off ac button, then turn direct air button and wait till some cold air entered the cabin for a couple of seconds, the turn on ac button and turn the recirculate air button. It was so annoying for me and my friend to do that while long driving.

SuzyQ913
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Has anyone else had this issue more recently? I have a 2019 Rogue and has been to the dealer 3 times. I had a tech drive with me to see that when the A/C is either in Auto mode or manual it switches sporadically between recirculate and fresh air on its own. No rhyme or reason. Blows in hot air even if just turned on and it’s 101 outside. Dealer called Nissan and they said it’s normal working conditions. I’ve had the car for 4 years and never noticed this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated to see if there’s been any resolution. Thank you

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That kind of behavior is usually caused by a bad sensor or bad wire on a sensor. The tech who rode with you should have scanned it to see if the Intake sensor (on the evap) or the Cabin sensor signals were unstable. Frijolito's and Yusuke08's problems were different, I almost guarantee both of those turned out to be bad TXV Valves causing the evap to freeze solid. That's very common on gen2 Rogues.

SuzyQ913
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Thank you VStar650CL. I will call and ask them. They are insisting that the engineers built the A/C to bring in fresh air no matter the temperature outside or what mode it is in so that the windows don’t fog up. It’s really mind boggling to me. Both my husband and son have Altimas, different years, and have never seen this issue. Thanks again

Return to “Rogue Forum”