Air Bag Light

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Tatered
Car: 2004 350Z Inthusiast

Hello,My air bag light has been on, on my 204 350Z now for about a month or more and Im not sure how to get it to turn off. I cant afford to take it to a dealership, they want $100 just to plug into it. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be that i might be able to fix myself, air bags bug the hell outta me to work on cuz i know if they go off my car is totaled. But any help would be awesome.

sluggoZ
Car: 2004.5 350Z SuperBlack/Black Touring Roadster

Tatered wrote:Hello,My air bag light has been on, on my 204 350Z now for about a month or more and Im not sure how to get it to turn off. I cant afford to take it to a dealership, they want $100 just to plug into it. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be that i might be able to fix myself, air bags bug the hell outta me to work on cuz i know if they go off my car is totaled. But any help would be awesome.
If your air bag lamp stays on...1. computer is bad.2. no connection to computer.

If your air bag lamp is flashing while driving....follow these steps:For airbag resetting: you must first change the SRS system to SELF-DIAGNOSIS MODE , then back to USER MODE to clear the airbag fault.

Change to SELF-DIAGNOSIS MODE:1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.2. With-in 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 6-7 seconds and goes off, turn OFF ignition switch.3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for 4 seconds.4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice, (perform 3 times in total)5. Turn ignition switch ON again (turn to DIAGNOSIS MODE)

Turn to USER MODE:1. Turn ignition switch to OFF to ON2. With-in 1 second after airbag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and goes off, turn OFF the ignition switch.3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for 4 seconds. 4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice (perform 3 times in total)5. Turn ignition switch ON again (Turn to USER MODE) Once complete, you turn on the car, light comes on for 6 seconds & finally it will shut off.....airbag lamp should no longer flash while driving.

Tatered
Car: 2004 350Z Inthusiast

cool thanks man. it worked. No more annoying blinky light. i was about to put back tabe on my light.

sluggoZ
Car: 2004.5 350Z SuperBlack/Black Touring Roadster

Tatered wrote:cool thanks man. it worked. No more annoying blinky light. i was about to put back tabe on my light.
Your welcome...

drebin893
Car: 2004 Nissan 350Z

Great information. Headed off to delete a thread where I posted the same question. Should have used search. Doh!

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”