Air Bag and "AT Check" warning lights

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
jimc
Car: 2003 G35

Grettings,I just bought a used 2003 G35 with a "questionable" background (I got a prcie to match). I have no manual and expect that the warantee is void, long story. I have 2 warning light issues.

1) The air bag light comes on when the ignition is turned like it should, then blinks after the car is running. Are there issues other than the air bag sensor that can cause this. Is the sensor easy to change out, if so how?

2) After driving for a few hours (unless I just did not notice it, which I doubt), the "AT Check" light came on. Now it comes on as soon as it is put into gear (it's an auto) and stays on. At first I assumed this was Auto Transmission, but later thought it might tire pressure warning...

I don't expect to have any warrantee, so any thoughts on how to address are greatly appreciated. It has 53K, any other items to watch would also be good to know. Thanks!

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

If it's got a questionable background, than it may be that tghe airbags had deployed and there is something wrong with the system. Worst case scenario, they deployed the airbags at some point and stuffed it back in.

In both your cases, it might be advisable to plug in a scan tool or take it to a shop/dealer where they can plug in a scan tool and determine the problems.

jimc
Car: 2003 G35

The car has no evidence of any collision damage. I was also worried the bags were deployed and not put back.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

A good repair is going to show little or no signs of repairs. It's possible that they paid for quality work, but skimped on some repairs. Best thing to do is have the codes pulled to see why the warning lights are on in the first place.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”