Aftermarket Wheel & Tire Fitment Chart

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I've done this for forums for previous cars I've owned and I know it came in extremely handy for fellow members in the past, so here's my chart for the 2008 Nissan Rogue--moderators, please feel free to sticky this.

Click for larger version

Additionally, if there's a size I did not mention that you wish to try out, or if you are wondering about the math behind this chart, please feel free to download a copy of the spreadsheet for yourself and play around by right-clicking here, and saving to disk. If you are new to concepts like bolt pattern, offset etc., I highly recommend reading up on this.

-Ed

EDIT: PS--I did not get final verification yet on the center bore size for this car, but judging by this posting, it is probably safe to guess 66.06mm center bore!

EDIT on 2009/10/19: I'd like to state that this chart also applies to 2009 and 2010 Rogues...the new S with 360 Value Package, assuming Nissan is sensible, uses the same tire size as the S without 360 Value Package--but do note that I have not actually checked! If I am wrong, please let me know and I will update the table to reflect the third size.

Modified by EddNog at 9:29 PM 11/25/2007
Modified by EddNog at 11:53 PM 10/19/2009

elwood

Based on Tire Rack wheels for the Rogue, it looks like the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3. With 40 - 45mm offset, is that correct?

elwood

oops, sorry for the previous post, I see the info now in your chart. Thanks for the good info here. -E

EddNog

No prob!

Btw, I just updated it with 20" sizes since I realize that a sidewall depth in the mid-90s is still going to provide a perfectly fine ride quality (considering cars likes the Scion tC come from the factory with just 97mm of sidewall depth).

-Ed

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

EddNog, Could you add 225/55 17". According to my calculations Error would be 3%.

I want to reuse some snow tire from my old Nissan Maxima car.

EddNog

blaruffa wrote:EddNog, Could you add 225/55 17". According to my calculations Error would be 3%.

I want to reuse some snow tire from my old Nissan Maxima car.
-Ed

rogueish
Car: 2008 Rogue SL

Thanks for the great info. Nog. That sure helps out those who are looking for aftermarket wheels and tires. Keep up the good work!

ntwrkd

EddNog wrote:No prob!

Btw, I just updated it with 20" sizes since I realize that a sidewall depth in the mid-90s is still going to provide a perfectly fine ride quality (considering cars likes the Scion tC come from the factory with just 97mm of sidewall depth).

-Ed
Just wondering if you could post a picture of what the Rogue looks like with this size tire?

EddNog

ntwrkd wrote:Just wondering if you could post a picture of what the Rogue looks like with this size tire?
The Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct both have wheel shopping engines that show you how various designs and sizes look when installed on the Rogue; that's where I'd end up stealing pictures from, anyway.

-Ed

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

I was looking to put some bigger rims on my Rogue instead of the 16' stock rims that came with it. Wheel and tire size is definitely not my area of expertise though. I was looking at either a 19 or 20 inch rim. Am I correct in assuming that any of the size tires and rims you have posted here will fit the Rogue without any modifications or damage to the car and/or bearings?Thanks for any help you can give.

EddNog

kcfm wrote:I was looking to put some bigger rims on my Rogue instead of the 16' stock rims that came with it. Wheel and tire size is definitely not my area of expertise though. I was looking at either a 19 or 20 inch rim. Am I correct in assuming that any of the size tires and rims you have posted here will fit the Rogue without any modifications or damage to the car and/or bearings?Thanks for any help you can give.
Stick as close as you can to +40 offset to keep your bearings in good running order longer. Yes, anything I put on my chart is safe. The best is green, yellow is okay, pink is borderline for accuracy of speedometer/odometer.

-Ed

kcfm
Car: former rogue owner

EddNog wrote:
Stick as close as you can to +40 offset to keep your bearings in good running order longer. Yes, anything I put on my chart is safe. The best is green, yellow is okay, pink is borderline for accuracy of speedometer/odometer.

-Ed
Thanks for the Help!

EddNog

I've updated the chart based upon a modified calculation that takes into account the difference in sizes between the tires on the 2.5S' steel wheels versus the tires on the 2.5SL's alloy wheels.

I've also adjusted the colors for the error percentage spreads, so I'd recommend avoiding any configuration other than green or orange, since red is now in the 1 MPH and over error range.

-Ed

garryjo

EddNog,

Thank you very much fro putting together this chart. Could I get a copy with the latest update?I am in the middle of getting new tires and wheels.

Very much appreciated.

philipa_240sx

Eddnog hasn't posted here in over 5 months... I'm not sure if he'll answer.

I believe the chart at the top of this thread is the latest one as it shows the 2 stock Rogue tire sizes. Sorry, I do not have an electronic version or any 'copies'. Just 'right click' on the chart and 'Save As' to save a copy on your PC.

garryjo

thanks.Wasn't sure if it was the updated one or not.

philipa_240sx

Found a mistake in the chart.

235/50R18 is shown but it should be 235/55R18.

skholla
Car: 09 Nissan Rogue SL, 97 Acura EL

Nope, no mistake, check my post and a tire calc... 235/50-18 is a more desirable fit than 235/55-18.

zer...54267

philipa_240sx

Thanks for the information.

Obviously this chart is in need of updating. Unfortunately I do not have the original spreadsheet/file Eddnog used for his calculations.

Would it be possible to recalculate and recreate this chart with the new sizes?

EddNog

philipa_240sx wrote:Thanks for the information.

Obviously this chart is in need of updating. Unfortunately I do not have the original spreadsheet/file Eddnog used for his calculations.

Would it be possible to recalculate and recreate this chart with the new sizes?
I've been following this thread the past few days.

What sizes do you need added?

-Ed

philipa_240sx

Eddnog... Welcome back!

We need a couple of changes:

Correct the 235/50R18 tire size... I believe it should be labeled as 235/55R18 based on the information aspect ratio and tire diameter columns

Add the 235/50R18 tire size... assuming it's within the acceptable range of diameters as skholla suggested.

EddNog

Thanks, Philipa...

Two for the price of one: I've corrected it by putting in both sizes.

Additionally, I had the wrong copy of the Excel sheet linked; I have saved down the newest copy of the sheet and used the proper file name so that saving down from the link in the OP will give you the same table as shown in the image...

Enjoy!

-Ed

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

EddNog... nice to see you still come to the forum

Did you do other mods to your Rogue lately?Each time I see a blue Rogue on the road, I think about yours, yours is sooo nice .

EddNog

Pescakl1 wrote:EddNog... nice to see you still come to the forum

Did you do other mods to your Rogue lately?Each time I see a blue Rogue on the road, I think about yours, yours is sooo nice .
Thanks, pal...

Not much done on the car since my last visit a while ago--very little on the market for this car, and frankly with a loaded SL I feel there is little to be really yearning to add. How've you been? I will probably be more active around here again.

-Ed

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

EddNog wrote: How've you been? I will probably be more active around here again.

-Ed
Probably as busy as anybody else, especially with my girl toddler being in her "daddy exclusivity" period (not complaining, I love that part).Keep changing my mind on the headlight and tail light retrofit I am doing, so nothing moves .I have to make up my mind and go for it, even if it is not the optimum. I will improve it afterward . I have the chance to not have to use my car right now, so I have to take advantage of it to work on it.Leo has been way more efficient than me .

Congrats on your promotion as mod, we are so lucky as Rogue owners to get you and Phillip as mods.

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Does anybody by chance know the weight of the stock wheels?

Nick 568
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

As a FYI to anyone else who may be wondering, I asked someone on ebay who was selling OEM Rogue SL 17" wheels, and he reported the weight was ~24 lbs per.

ncsu
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Strange question - has anyone gone to a slightly smaller tire - a 215?

joshjv
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD

What about sizes for those of us stuck with lowly 16" rims?
Thanks!

Jostudly
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Yes I am wondering the same thing. I bought new 16" tires that I cannot take back and cannot find a 16" aftermarket wheel with the same specs as the oem wheel.

Return to “Rogue Forum”