Aftermarket

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
mmaggi03

I have seen a few inquiries from other people, but I remain curious. I'm selling my M3 and picking up my new FX35 this week. I want to start looking for performance upgrades and differentiators.

Does anyone have any advice, direction, piccies, URL's??

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

Your swapping an M3 for an FX35? What year M3 are you getting rid of?

What prompted the change? It seems kind of strange to go from a car pretty much bred for the race track, to an SUV.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

The swap to the FX doesn't seem outrageous.. I wouldn't really call the FX a run of the mill SUV. It's roots are that of a performance car, and it's tuned to act like one. Maybe not on the level of an M3 on the track, but with a car like the 3, you sacrifice so much more. The FX should prove to be an excellent compromise between versatility and performance capability!!

mmaggi03, check out some of our sponsor links in the left hand column. I know Grubbs Performance Parts has SOME items released for the FX. Serious hardware is probably still in the works, as it's a very new vehicle. Time will bring more aftermarket support.

PS: Welcome to NICO!! hope you like it here!

Phil:)

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

SmithSR wrote:The swap to the FX doesn't seem outrageous.. I wouldn't really call the FX a run of the mill SUV. It's roots are that of a performance car, and it's tuned to act like one. Maybe not on the level of an M3 on the track, but with a car like the 3, you sacrifice so much more. The FX should prove to be an excellent compromise between versatility and performance capability!!

Good job on pimpin the virtues of the Infiniti product! :D

mmaggi03

It's a 98 M3 that I've had for 6 years. I'm going to miss driving a sports car. As stoked as I am to have the dealership FINALLY deliver my FX any day now(???), and I think that it is an awesome car, it is never going to match the "M". (Not to ridicule all of the FX fanatics, because I hope to be one soon.)

The bright side is that I still have a 2002 CBR F4i sportbike, and it seems to go fast enough, but just like PHAX, I still appreciate you pimpin the FX virtues!!

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

That's the way I see it, mmaggi03. I have a Mustang, and my FX moves pretty quick for an SUV, but nothing I'll ever own will probably be able to beat my CBR F4. Except for maybe that new 1000RR. :) And seeing as how I can only ride that a few months out of the year (Mustang included), my FX is the way to go.

By the way, I just made it through another successful snowfall and my FX handled just fine.

jimsbmw
Car: 2003 E240 Avangarde with AMG wheels 2006 M35 will all mods!!!

Hello

I was wondering what kinds of mods are you looking for, so far on my research on paddock has a cat back exhaust for the fx, I know that both Eibach and H & R has lowering spring out for it. As for rims there are so many options avaliable and so far I think the biggest width avaliable is in 22". I have changed the head light to 6000K which looks preety good and I also change the fog lights to HID but only 4800k so its not way too bright on the road.

Hope this helps

Jim

jimsbmw

Sorry forgot to say that the K&N replacement filter is out too and its very simple to install.

NissanLunatic
Car: 2005 G35 Sedan

Currently available:

IntakePulleyLowering coilsRear section exhaustSupercharger due out 5-1-04....

:D

PS I love my FX, you will too

jimsbmw

Which rear section exhaust is avaliable right now?

Thanks

gvitalik

Who makes an intake for FX35?

NissanLunatic

Intake-JWTPulley-URRear section/cat-back-GReddy....

gvitalik

Is this cold air or short ram. Do you sell these? If so, how much?

jimsbmw

I was wondering if you sold the exhaust for the fx 35 or is it the same one as for the g35

Thanks

NissanLunatic

Actually, the exhaust is the 350 GReddy. You don't have to extend it if you don't mind the tips sticking in (not long enough due to FX's long rear bumper), or you can weld in a 2" section of additional piping. And yes, we do sell them....http://www.southwestautoworks.com

sports car section350z performance

Intake=short ram

Return to “Murano Forum”