Aftermarket sunroof

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Gdubya35
Car: Infiniti G35 Sedan

Hello all,

I have an 04 G35 Sedan and when I purchased it no roof was in it. I talked with the dealer to also include a roof in the deal. So, I got the car and the roof was installed. Good job but, one issue. The person (roof installer) indicated that because it was not factory that there would be slight movement in the material. I thought huh? Make a long story short when I open my windows the headliner flutters. Looks horrible. Something about the factory roof and the sleeve (or something) and how the material bonds to it. Well, in this one it can't. It has also stretched the material and it droops. The warranty is over regarding the job. What can I do?
Modified by Gdubya35 at 6:30 AM 9/18/2008

gregfarz78
Car: 04 Honda S2000
97 Nissan Hardbody King Cab 4x4
09 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5L

This is why you should never have an aftermarket sunroof installed, when it comes from the factory there is extra bracing in the roof for the sunroof aftermarket ones don't have that and eventually they leak too

Gdubya35
Car: Infiniti G35 Sedan

Appreciate the reply. Trust me had I known I would not have mentioned a sunroof being thrown in for the price. The last time I had a roof (aftermarket) was in my'76 camaro. And that had no problems. It's the material interiors that I guess have the problems. That and the fact that it is an Infiniti. Just trying to see if I can somehow fix the situation.

Dmafioso13
Car: 93 Fastback

3m double sided tape or some velcro of some sort

ubernoober002

I would hand make one out of cardboard and seran wrap but i cut both my hands off while making the movie saw

jeremygordon8

cheapessaywriter
ubernoober002 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:07 pm
I would hand make one out of cardboard and seran wrap but i cut both my hands off while making the movie saw
Sometimes it's better to find an expert to do the job!

Return to “Interiors”