aftermarket stereo

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
bluedragonxtl
Car: 2008 3.5se altima sedan

ok im planning to buy an avic d3 for my nonbose system. Is that a job that i can do it myself or i have to have an installer do it. Im pretty sure i can get the factory unit out by my self, just the wiring is it more complicated than a 1din unit.

johnny_d
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe V6 SE w/ CVT

check out the Doc's prescription on the How-to page. If you feel comfortable then go for it

bluedragonxtl
Car: 2008 3.5se altima sedan

Hum but do i need to follow every step in there since mine is the none bose system. Help??

vballer22
Car: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s

where are you buying it from? most sellers will include install gear and instructions for the vehicle selected. Every step in docs install is exactly the same for us 2.5ers and non bose chums, with the exception of the ones pertaining to the factory amplifier, since we dont even have one. even an advanced unit like the avic-d3 is relatively easy to install, however theres no shame in having a friend help you or do it for you. Just make sure you watch them and ask questions. In my experience it usually takes only once doing something audio related in the car then its easy to do on your own. but thats also because I make point to ask lots of questions along the way.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”