Aftermarket speakers

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
mthird
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

Thanks everyone for the great forum!

I purchased an M35 last month with just the basics. I am going to replace the factory speakers but I can't find any information on what will work. Are the stock speakers 4ohm or proprietary. I know I can get a speaker-level converter to pass into a separate amplifier, but that raises the cost of the upgrade considerably.

Michael

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

First, welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around.Second, I'm sorry that someone hasn't posted an answer for you yet.

I don't have your deffinitive answer but........The main indicator should be whether or not the basic system is a BOSE system. I couldn't find anything on the infiniti website to indicate what the basics were, just the options. Since the options seemed to indicate a BOSE 2-channel, 8-speaker system as part of a package, I would have to think that your basic system isn't a BOSE radio. If that's the case, you should be in luck. Over the years, having an Infiniti/Nissan with BOSE meant you were going to have problems with upgrading your system. No BOSE should = smooth sailing.

So look at your radio and and see if it says BOSE on it. Also check with your local Best Buy or Circuit City car audio install guys for answers. When you tell them you have an Infiniti/Nissan, they'll first ask if it's a BOSE system.

I had the same issue with my previous Mitsubishi Eclipse with it having an Infinity sound system. Good luck!

ehaze
Car: 04 M45

if you know anyone that works at any store that sells car audio stuff talk to them before you buy anything. i bought all my amps and speakers from my brother using his infinity discount and it saved me over 50%.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”