Aftermarket Silicone Intake Hose for V8 owners.

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
EdBwoy

Calling on 2006-2010 M45 owners in Central California, we need your help!

I reached out to HPS to see if they could make a replacement option for the factory rubber air intake hose. They agreed, but would need to get a vehicle at their location to get measurements and use the OEM hose to basically make a mold.

The address is:
5367 Ayon Ave, Irwindale, CA 91706

You can contact their team directly at [email protected]. Ref # 110109

If you would.like to know more about them, here is their website - https://hpsperformanceproducts.com

Why are we pursuing this? Cost.
Rubber breaks down with age and heat, and some of us have probably started chasing vacuum leaks due to cracked hoses. Duct tape and electrical tape can only go so far until you have to implement a permanent solution.
This is where a silicone replacement hose comes in.
The OEM part (16576-EH000) from Infiniti is great, but it has an MSRP of over $600. Sometimes you can get it cheaper, but even then, it's likely more than most people would like to spend.

You can usually assemble an aftermarket kit and make it mostly functional, for a fractional of the price. That is the main reason to look at alternatives.
For those who would rather deal with a simple bolt in solution, a renowned company like HPS would be a pretty safe bet.

If they come in pretty colors, then that's a bonus too!

raven69david
Car: 2002 Infiniti Q45

I’d purchase one if they make them.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Just curious, would this be for a shart coupler piece that joins the hard plastic tube to the TB? Or would it be the entire molded tube itself remade like show in in the pic here?
Y50_US_165H_1.jpg

I would assume a short coupler between the hard tube and the TB but just checking.
I was thinking it would probably be easier and cheaper to get something like a 1' piece of steel-reinforced silicone tubing of mcmaster than pay the markup HPS typically charges.

EdBwoy

I wanted them to replicate the OEM tube to the exact dimensions.
If I lived close to them, I would have just taken my car there and left it for them.

Forum429
Car: Current:
Nissan R35 GT-R
Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80
Honda Civic Si FG2
Lexus XE30 IS350
Previous:
G35 Coupe
G35 Sedan
G35x Sedan
Volvo S60R

I'd be very interest in purchasing one as well.
But hopefully they can make it with larger diameter for performance upgrade..

EdBwoy

Bump.
There's still a need for this. It's not a matter of "if", but "when" yours needs replacement...especially if you're planning to keep your car for a long time.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Could you ship them the hose to make a mold from?

EdBwoy

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 1:15 pm
Could you ship them the hose to make a mold from?
Initially I thought we would do that, and I was going to send them a brand new tube...but then they about-turned on me and said they wanted a car there.
I understand their position though, since they have to take into account the accordion section and how much flex it allows the tube.

I want to try something if they will entertain it - to see if I can "freeze" a tube in its installed position and then ship it to them. But I first have to pull an honest effort to honor their request of getting a car to them, then if impossible, I can propose my alternative.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

EdBwoy wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:53 pm
I want to try something if they will entertain it - to see if I can "freeze" a tube in its installed position and then ship it to them.
Plug the TB inlet and air cleaner outlet and then fill it with expanding crack sealer. If you vaseline the plugs at either end then the sealer won't stick to anything else.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

In fact, vaseline the whole inside of the tube. Then you'll have a removable casting that won't ruin the tube for later use.

hngo01
Car: ???

EdBwoy wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:34 am
Bump.
There's still a need for this. It's not a matter of "if", but "when" yours needs replacement...especially if you're planning to keep your car for a long time.
EdBwoy... wanted to let you know your generosity of knowledge is appreciated. How do I get in touch with you? I need a stock intake air duct for a 03 M45. Hoping you might have one. Thanks

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”