Aftermarket Radio Wiring

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Additivewalnut
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

Using this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh073RfYL3A), made by another user on this forum, I put an android auto compatible radio in my car. It looks great, turns on great, but I don't seem to have any audio. Instead of running 9 wire from the front of the car to the rear, I decided to just tap into the head unit harness for my speaker connections, but I didn't think about how to turn the factory amp on. I've poured over wiring diagrams for hours now and I can't seem to find anything that points to a signal/trigger wire for the amp. Does anyone know what wire that would be? I'm assuming that's the reason I don't have any audio from the speakers. I have the 7 speaker package.

In his instructions he bypasses the amp altogether, which is smart but I'm lazy and didn't feel like taking out my backseats to run the wire. Plus, I'd like the factory amp to still be in play.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're pretty much screwed on that, your ride has a "smart" Bose with a comm link to the head unit. There's no discrete "on/off" signal wire. It's doubtful your replacement head unit can talk to the amp, so you probably need to bite the bullet and either eliminate it or replace it with a "dumb" amp.

Additivewalnut

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:26 am
There's no discrete "on/off" signal wire.
Man that is so dumb. Not even on the amp? It has to get signal from somewhere, if I could tap into the amp wiring itself my radio has a trigger wire.... is there a diagram for the white connector on the bose amp laying around here somewhere?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There's no trigger. It's not a conventional amp, it uses LAN communication lines for control. So it's useless without a control device that can talk to it. It should be possible to replace it with one of the "dumb" Boses with a little rewiring, but if your new head unit can drive the speakers without help, that's probably the easiest route.

The WD's and pin layouts are all here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 5%2Fav.pdf

Additivewalnut

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:38 am
There's no trigger. It's not a conventional amp
LAME. Thanks for the help. Guess I'll run the 9 wire :facepalm:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”