Aftermarket radio.

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
PCY

Leo2005 wrote:Well....anyway. AVIC-D3X is so nice. Seems to be everything works fine except flashing airbag. I think I might disconnect something when I was pulling the panel with airbag inside on the driver's side so I could squeeze the xm antenna to the roof and microphone for bluetooth to the dome light. But I alredy ordered OBD scanner from mynissanparts.com before ordering it I called them to make sure that it can troubleshoot the problems with airbags. I won't have a time to play with it untill weekend. BTW bluetooth does not work with my phone but it works with my friends phones. Mine is blackjack II and probably will have to replace with something else.
I'm pretty sure that some plug was left unattended during your installation. Find that puppy and plug her in.

Would you care to post some pics of your GPS installed with the metra dash kit? How's the fit, does the dash look stock? I hope that there's no gaps or holes left in the open or anything.

-Peter-

Leo2005

I'll post some pics a lil later as soon as my friend send me some pics caz we used his camera. The kit looks almost like original except theres a small window between the dashes on the left side but otherwise looks very good.

philipa_240sx

Leo2005 wrote:I spent the whole day with my friend to install that goddamn nav system. After all I don't know why but airbag icon is flashing now.
Reminds me of what a buddy did once. He installed an alarm system in his brand new car and inadvertantly disconnected the cooling fan relay. His car overheated in traffic the next day and had to get it towed home. He was lucky it didn't damage anything. The dealer found and fixed the problem... for a fee of course.

PCY

Sorry guys, I most likely won't be able to do a write-up on my avic-d3 install after all. I just got a big promotion at work and I'm not going to have time to install this until 2 months later. But if I get that urge kick'n, I may do one. Sorry to let the team down here.

-Peter-

jklph

congrats on the big promotion. too bad we were all waiting for your review of the dash kit.

i'd like to proceed with replacing my HU but i'm still undecided on the choices for my in-dash navigation.

i like the avic until i found the kenwood version of it (w/ built-in hard drive for the navigation): http://www.crutchfield.com/App...p=144

it's down to either the kenwood or i can save tons of money and get something a whole lot cheaper and use up only a single din:http://www.walmart.com/catalog...37421

i don't drive a lot anymore so i can't justify spending almost $1,000 for an in-dash navigation.

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

I was in a custom auto audio shop on saturday, and was quoted $1700 for a pioneer (double din) nav with the steering wheel and bose level units. I think it had bluetooth as well, but he didn't know if it would work with or replace the one in the rogue.

PCY

Dude, that's just too expensive.

I bought my pioneer avic-d3 from ebay powerseller for about half the price.

avic-d3 unit, bluetooth, iPod cable, rear view camera, altogether for 760. Also got the bracket dash kit for 30 bucks. Less than 800 bucks plus my own installation job. What do you think?

-Peter-

silvaice
Car: Nissan Rogue AWD SL, BMW 323ci

PCY wrote:Dude, that's just too expensive.

I bought my pioneer avic-d3 from ebay powerseller for about half the price.

avic-d3 unit, bluetooth, iPod cable, rear view camera, altogether for 760. Also got the bracket dash kit for 30 bucks. Less than 800 bucks plus my own installation job. What do you think?

-Peter-
PCY can you post pics of your install or anyone else if you have done this.

PCY

Leo,

Could you document here about how did you remove the instrument panel?

I opened up my audio console today and looked at the wires to make sure I got everything, but it seems as if the speed sensor wire isn't there. I'm thinking that mayby I'd have to locate speed sensor signal from the instrument panel like you.

Could you please document how to remove the panel with screws and clips locations? Then point out where to find the speed sensor wire. Are you still having airbag icon right now?

Thanks in advance.

-Peter-

Leo2005

I'll get a pics tomorrow and will post it in the evening.

websfear

PCY wrote:Leo,

Could you document here about how did you remove the instrument panel?

-Peter-
Rogue Dash Kit -http://retailer.installationex...12378

Click on the "Product Instructions" for dash disassembly.

PCY

websfear wrote:
Rogue Dash Kit -http://retailer.installationex...12378

Click on the "Product Instructions" for dash disassembly.
Maybe I wasn't being clear. I was asking Leo about removing the combination meter in the dash, not the center audio console.

-Peter-

websfear

Sorry, I guess you should get the Service manual then.

There is a "free" one on nissanhelp.com, you just have to subscribe to the one download a day membership. Then you should be able to use the following link.

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums...s/457

Leo2005

To remove the speedometer you have to do next steps:1. Remove the speedometer cover on the top by pushing cover to the top (no tools needed)2. Remove a small piece under the speedometer with screwdriver3. You will see 2 screws under it that holds the combination meter.

Leo2005

PCY

I actually figured out a dumber way to do it, but got it done.

I found the FSM to be very inacurate in some of the wiring diagrams. Luckily, the wires aren't that difficult to trace. For the non-premium packages, the speedo wire is actually yellow (#30 on the combo harness), not blue like the FSM kept emphasizing.

I have just finished my installation last night in the parking lot of a hotel that I'm staying at. It only took me 3 working hours total. I'd suggest you guys without 12volts knowledge to preplan and research before you do this. The wires can easily confuse some guys. I am also suspecting this speedo wire to exist in the base audio harness, right by the dimmer wire; but I didn't test that one out. It's the only wire left in the audio harness that I didn't get to use, and it's the same color and size as the wire found in the combo meter.

The dash kit looked flush with the factory apparels. Color, grain texture, and fitment quality are all good. Somehow, I don't have the airbad flahsing like Leo's. I was weary that if I unplug the combo harness, that'll probably trigger the airbag sequence and cause the flashes. So I tappted the wire on the fly.

I'll try to get time to snap a few pictures this weekend.

-Peter-

Leo2005

Did you disconnect your battery?

PCY

No, I'm an engineer, so as long as I know how to isolate each powered wire that I had to deal with, I don't need to disconnect the battery at all. Undoing the battery is for practical beginners. I'm an veteran in this mess. No disco-battery needed.

-Peter-

ozymandyaz
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Black

Peter,

How do you get the vents above the radio, and the climate controls below the radio out? From the instructions I have seen it looks like you just pull.. Any insight?

Leo2005

mmm. engineer or not it is always a good idea to disconnect the battery just in case. Even if the wire does not go to airbag. I'm playing with these system for a long time too so you didn't really impress me with that

PCY

I stuck a flat head screwdriver in and pryed it out. Very easy and accurate like the instruction says.

-Peter-

PCY

Leo2005 wrote:mmm. engineer or not it is always a good idea to disconnect the battery just in case. Even if the wire does not go to airbag. I'm playing with these system for a long time too so you didn't really impress me with that
Sorry Leo, starting off with the wrong foot here. I'm just trying to message everyone else that unless they know what they are getting themselves into, don't do it.

Anyways, congrats on your install. I found a problem with my iPOD adapter cable. It only plays music on Left channels of my car, really weird. I hope it's not the female end from the AVIC. Other than that, this is a very nice little puppy to have.

Are you still having airbag flashing trouble?

-Peter-

Leo2005

not anymore. Dealership reseted it for me. Its probably caused when i was hiding the microphone under the panels because i decided to hide it next to the dome light theres a small hole and when i removed the panel above the drivers side i saw the airbag inside. And the good thing that the battery was disconnected. By the way....i don't have a problem with ipod but i have a problem with my phone. I have a blackjack II and it does not want to connect to bluetooth at all. Weird because any simple phone that my friends have connects to it just by asking passcode.

Return to “Rogue Forum”