Aftermarket Radio Install Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bymyhand

Hey there guys, I have a Rogue with the Bose sound system and I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo receiver. I have taken off the top part and unscrewed the center speaker but I can’t seem to get the vent cover off with the hazard light. I don’t want to force it and break something but I am not sure how to take it off. The instructions that came with my dash kit just say to removed the cover and that’s it. I am just using a screw driver. Am I using the wrong tool? Is there a certain way I need to press in to get it to come out? If I need to just pull hard then where do I pull on it? Also it says I need to removed the climate control panel as well. Does this just come strait forward and if so how do I get this off as well?

Thanks,Austin

kots

the top and bottom (climate control) panels are just pryed off to remove it. you may need to purchase a plastic radio panel removal tool but a flat head screwdriver should also work (altho more prone with scratches). start with the bottom edge (lower right or lower left) and slowly but firmly pry it off as you slide it along the edges.
bymyhand wrote:Hey there guys, I have a Rogue with the Bose sound system and I am trying to install an aftermarket stereo receiver. I have taken off the top part and unscrewed the center speaker but I can’t seem to get the vent cover off with the hazard light. I don’t want to force it and break something but I am not sure how to take it off. The instructions that came with my dash kit just say to removed the cover and that’s it. I am just using a screw driver. Am I using the wrong tool? Is there a certain way I need to press in to get it to come out? If I need to just pull hard then where do I pull on it? Also it says I need to removed the climate control panel as well. Does this just come strait forward and if so how do I get this off as well?

Thanks,Austin

rogueboy

Also do a search here. There are some other good suggestions, and even some pictures.

Return to “Rogue Forum”