Aftermarket power liftgate?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
JSmith858
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

I tried to do a search, but no luck; please steer me in the right direction if this is a dupe :)

Has anyone installed an aftermarket liftgate? I bought a 2015 Rogue yesterday that didn't come w/ it, & am just checking my options for aftermarket things that I could get over time.

Thanks so much :)

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

not happening, unless you visit a true custom car shop. expect to spend a couple grand, and to void your warranty on many things.

JSmith858
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV

Thanks so much for your reply!

paris013
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi all,

We just bought a 2017 Rogue SV. Unfortunately it did not come with a power liftgate, which was the feature I really wanted. I had done some research etc and purchased the Autoease power liftgate kit. I have managed to install it all except the final powering connections. The manufacturer is telling me I'm supposed to replace one of the fuses with his fuse (?!), but it doesn't fit. I don't really want to tear apart the dash without knowing where the power source I'm supposed to tap into is exactly.
The supplied wire attached to the fuse "holder" has the same u-shaped metal end that also connects to the ground source. I also need to connect an additional wire to the power lock/unlock (which i believe is the green wire)
I was hoping someone here may be able to point me in the direction of resources for diagrams or give me a better idea here than the Chinese manufacturer has?

Thank you

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

So that was the feature you really wanted, but you didn't check to see if it had it before you bought the car?

:facepalm2

paris013

prj wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:59 am
So that was the feature you really wanted, but you didn't check to see if it had it before you bought the car?

:facepalm2
I knew it did not have it but it is not my main vehicle, and other factors outweighed that. Additionally, I knew retrofit kits existed. So thank you for your help.

ras_oscar

I'm not quite sure what you're asking us. You said the fuse supplied doesn't fit, so I assume you have found the fuse box.
By definition, a fuse panel has to be accessible to service and repair blown fuses, so no dash disassembly should be required.

Are they asking you to power the circuit from an existing circuit serving the lift gate? Do they say which one? (At the lift gate end, did you run a new wire to the fuse panel or reuse a wire that was already in place?) What did it plug in to before? Is this kit a generic, one model for all vehicles or tailored specifically for your year of Rogue?

paris013

ras_oscar wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:17 am
I'm not quite sure what you're asking us. You said the fuse supplied doesn't fit, so I assume you have found the fuse box.
By definition, a fuse panel has to be accessible to service and repair blown fuses, so no dash disassembly should be required.

Are they asking you to power the circuit from an existing circuit serving the lift gate? Do they say which one? (At the lift gate end, did you run a new wire to the fuse panel or reuse a wire that was already in place?) What did it plug in to before? Is this kit a generic, one model for all vehicles or tailored specifically for your year of Rogue?
I actually figured out the power source issue. My issue now is I can't seem to figure out the wiring diagram to determine which wire in pillar b is the unlock signal. I've got 5 striped wires and 1 blue wire but the diagram doesn't seem to say much about striped wires. I guess I was trying to figure out which one it was without a multimeter.

NKB1984
Car: ???

paris013 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:33 pm
ras_oscar wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:17 am

I actually figured out the power source issue. My issue now is I can't seem to figure out the wiring diagram to determine which wire in pillar b is the unlock signal. I've got 5 striped wires and 1 blue wire but the diagram doesn't seem to say much about striped wires. I guess I was trying to figure out which one it was without a multimeter.
Hey did you ever figured out which wire is the unlock wire? And if so did it work?

bnwitt

I have a question about a power lift gate. My 2017 Rogue SV has one but it doesn't have a foot sensor. Is there any way to get a foot sensor to add to the vehicle?

bnwitt

Ok so an update, I have successfully used my foot to open my power liftgate twice but had the foot sensor not work maybe 6 times. Am I wearing the wrong type of shoes LOL Anyone have an intermittent foot sensor on these things?

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Its typical of Nissan to half-%$& everything, so not surprised that its an intermittent issue. Happened to us on my parents 2019 Rogue SV. Nissan's quality just isn't there anymore.

Return to “Rogue Forum”