Aftermarket Performance.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

I plan on working on this car performance-wise and aesthetically. As far as performance goes, I plan on replacing the stock ram air intake with a custom fit cold air intake, replacing the stock exhaust, and getting new wheels. I'm just curious of what everyone else plans on doing and if anyone else was going to replace the intake, as that will probably be the most difficult out of my plans.

proxim2020

I plan on doing the same with mine, whenever I get it in. I would like to focus on the CAI and exhaust, getting the car to breathe better. I'll probably have to settle for a warm air intake since we get a lot of rain and floods down here. I had a true CAI on my truck and drove through some really high water. Let's just say thank God I had 5.7 liters of gas in the engine to keep the thing going

The most drastic thing I plan on doing is sending off the car and having a custom body kit designed and installed. That's going to cost some $$$ so I'm going to have to have to wait a while before putting that on. The Versa isn't coming to the market with a ton of parts available like some others. But there's a ton of people planning because they see the market demand.

Jemdawg

I've heard good things about "watershielding" CAIs. I think thats what I'm going to do, but I'm not sure where I want to get the air from; I heard that the grill is a good spot for CAIs because you get ram air as it sucks it in. If that's the case, then putting it in should be really simple. I'm going to do the exhaust first anyway, to reduce back pressure.

BKKloppenborg
Car: Soon Nissan Versa

i am planning on it to, same things. and mabye some apperance stuff.
Jemdawg wrote:I plan on working on this car performance-wise and aesthetically. As far as performance goes, I plan on replacing the stock ram air intake with a custom fit cold air intake, replacing the stock exhaust, and getting new wheels. I'm just curious of what everyone else plans on doing and if anyone else was going to replace the intake, as that will probably be the most difficult out of my plans.

proxim2020

Jemdawg wrote:I heard that the grill is a good spot for CAIs because you get ram air as it sucks it in. If that's the case, then putting it in should be really simple. I'm going to do the exhaust first anyway, to reduce back pressure.
If you want, you could just use the fog lamp holes as intake mounting locations and do a nice dual intake . Mounting somewhere near the front will make the most amount of air available. You should do exhaust an intake at the same time to keep the balance of the car. Engines rely on a certain amount of back pressure in order to operate properly. Race vehicles have very little to no back pressure, but these vehicles aren't designed to be daily drivers or last 150,000 miles. Too little back pressure can cause your car to choke and die or start tripping codes. I'm speaking from experience.

Jrscherer
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S 14000 miles.

Well hopefully sooner or later, now that the car is in America, we may see more performance parts. The reason I totally think this is because, like most cars, americans love our power

proxim2020

Jrscherer wrote:Well hopefully sooner or later, now that the car is in America, we may see more performance parts. The reason I totally think this is because, like most cars, americans love our power
No doubt, there's going to be a huge market eventually. Nissan introduce this car to be a low cost entry level tuner, since they are one of a few manufactures that didn't have one before. The closest thing they had was the Sentra, but that wasn't doing so well in the market since it was more of a family vehicle. The Versa could be a family car or a tuner. Depending on serious you are, it could be a Japanese Super Car (Skyline or Supra.)

justmerging
Car: 07 Versa SL w/CVT Cuz I'm lazy

FYI, the aftermarket is already preparing.

My car has been out of my possesion twice already since I have owned it. Eibach has already completed their R&D and are currently preparing for production pro-kit and sportline springs. DC sports just finished with my car about a week ago. They are putting an exhaust and carbon-steel front strut bar into production in the near future. I don't think AEM is gonna be very far behind with an intake and such. I know K&N was looking for an R&D vehicle also, I just haven't had the time to email them yet.

When these parts are put into production I will be able to furnish before and after pics as they will all be installed on my car.

The aftermarket will catch on, you just need to be patient. keep in mind our cars should just now be getting to the dealerships and they are in such short supply nissan isn't willing to cough one up to aftermarket companies for full testing just yet.

versa_fan

I apologize ahead of time if this question sounds stupid or unwarranted, but I really don't know too much about cars.

The only things I wanted to add to my Versa (if Nissan ever builds the one I ordered) are better tires & wheels and maybe an exhaust system.

I've seen many postings about how everyone wants to put an exhaust system on their Versa as well.

Not that I've verified that all of the posters have a CVT (since I'm sure a lot of them have the 6-speed manual as well); but is it possible to put an exhaust system on a CVT? Wouldn't that sound weird?

justmerging

I will soon find out when DC sports finishes mine and installs it. The guy I talked to said that it actually doesn't sound too bad. He said when cruising/not acellerating the sound is actually barely audible but during acceleration it is a pleasent, deep tone. I will be getting my stock exhaust back from them, just incase. It will be interesting to hear. If I can I will also post sound clips if I can ever figure out how to work my camera and get one of my buddy's to follow me.

versa_fan

Thanks for answering my question, and hopefully we will get a sound clip or video clip from you.

Good luck!
justmerging wrote:I will soon find out when DC sports finishes mine and installs it. The guy I talked to said that it actually doesn't sound too bad. He said when cruising/not acellerating the sound is actually barely audible but during acceleration it is a pleasent, deep tone. I will be getting my stock exhaust back from them, just incase. It will be interesting to hear. If I can I will also post sound clips if I can ever figure out how to work my camera and get one of my buddy's to follow me.

Jemdawg

justmerging wrote:I will soon find out when DC sports finishes mine and installs it. The guy I talked to said that it actually doesn't sound too bad. He said when cruising/not acellerating the sound is actually barely audible but during acceleration it is a pleasent, deep tone. I will be getting my stock exhaust back from them, just incase. It will be interesting to hear. If I can I will also post sound clips if I can ever figure out how to work my camera and get one of my buddy's to follow me.
What kind of exhaust are you installing?

Jemdawg

proxim2020 wrote:
If you want, you could just use the fog lamp holes as intake mounting locations and do a nice dual intake . Mounting somewhere near the front will make the most amount of air available. You should do exhaust an intake at the same time to keep the balance of the car. Engines rely on a certain amount of back pressure in order to operate properly. Race vehicles have very little to no back pressure, but these vehicles aren't designed to be daily drivers or last 150,000 miles. Too little back pressure can cause your car to choke and die or start tripping codes. I'm speaking from experience.
I didn't think of using those. Maybe I will go dual intake, I want to be a pioneer in this V aftermarket world.

proxim2020

Jemdawg wrote:I didn't think of using those. Maybe I will go dual intake, I want to be a pioneer in this V aftermarket world.
You'll need all the air you can get for when the turbo gets designed and released

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

I will be having a new website http://www.versaspeed.com and be attending SEMA Show in Las Vegas to see what I can find for our Versa's. There is a email address at the site so if you email me your hopes,wishes, dreams for you versa I will see what I can find out for you BUT don't forget I am just starting this so will take a little time to get this together.Now I have to find out about a banner for the site!

Jemdawg

I think I'm just going to supercharge it, especially because a turbo probably won't come out for the V specifically. If I wanted to supercharge it, I could use the impul supercharger or magnacharger for the mini cooper s.

justmerging

Keep in mind that the impul supercharger is designed for the jdm version, not our 1.8's. In japan they only get a 1.5 and 1.6(I think) but I know they didn't get the 1.8. I would call Impul and verify fitment prior to buying one as I am pretty sure they won't fit.

As far as exhaust I believe it's a catback, I couldn't get DC sports to tell me outright any specifications cause it's not yet in production. When I looked underneath the car though I couldn't see anywhere that an axle-back would bolt to though.

proxim2020

versaspeed.com wrote:and be attending SEMA Show in Las Vegas to see what I can find for our Versa's.
Cool, maybe you would be our liaison into the SEMA world. You know, generate even more market support for the Versa.

versaspeed.com
Car: Viper GTS & SRT10, Prowler, 300ZX TT, Versa SL 6mt, 240SX Race Car w/track records, Titan LE KC

I have already contacted a few people that deal with other Nissan's and most have a wait n see attatude BUT I will be meeting with them at SEMA and give them more heads up about the car and seeing what I can do. I am bringing my walking shoes that's for sure!

proxim2020

versaspeed.com wrote:I have already contacted a few people that deal with other Nissan's and most have a wait n see attatude
See if their wait and see attitude disappears when you show them the forum stats.

Post Statistics

3670 posts and 329 threads have been posted in this forum.

17 threads have been posted to this forum in the last day, and 171 have been posted in the last month.

On average, this forum receives 13.25 posts per day, 0.55 posts per hour, and 0.01 posts per minute.

This forum has been active for 277 days.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

NICO has an active role in SEMA and will have a presence at the show (several members and staff members including myself). We won't forget the Versa while we're there!

Also, Versaspeed, if you're interested in becoming a NICO sponsor and getting your banner into rotation here, contact our CEO, Greg Childs (AZHitman on the boards) at greg(at)nicoclub.com.

Return to “Versa General Chat”