Aftermarket Nav possible?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
itpromike

If an aftermarket Nav possible with the Q50's? I've been looking to get a Q50 but ability to put an aftermarket Nav in is a deal breaker - the current Nav system is very antiquated, but I love the rest of the car. Any ideas?

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

For what it's worth.. I actually think the Nav system is pretty decent. But anyway..

It is possible to set up a different NAV system.. specifically.. mirroring your cell phone and using google maps or any other NAV program you can load onto your phone. To do this you have to get a device that tricks the system into thinking the e-brake is applied and the speed sensor is reading zero. Then you can feed a video signal into the screen by mirroring your cell phone. .

The other idea.. go completely custom.. take out the entire Intouch system and both screens and put in all of your own devices. I doubt it would look very nice without spending a huge amount on it.. and I don't think this is what you are looking to do.

B916C

Same issue with mine! I regret not purchasing the nav, but i have a simple solution! What I'm planning on doing is to remove the top screen and install a 7" Garmin Nav with backup camera in its place! Since the top screen is useless if you dont have nav package. The Garmin would sit flush behind the stock top screen trim!!!

DrStrange

I have seen other Q50's with the android module installed on the bottom screen. That should allow you to almost do anything you want.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”