Aftermarket Infotainment for M56x?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Spork3245
Car: 2011 M56x

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there are any aftermarket infotainment systems for a 2011 M56x? One that offers apple carplay? On my Mustang there’s a plethora of aftermarket systems available, but I’m happy with the stock, however, for my fiancé’s M56 all I can find are OEM infotainment units from Infiniti. I was thinking of replacing it for her as it is a bit outdated by modern standards and is a little slow at times (it’s almost a decade old so that’s to be expected :crazy: ).

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

There's a really big button on the right side with big red letter that says "SEARCH".

You don't even need to do that, just open your eyes and look on the main topic page.
infiniti-m37-m56-q70-forum.html

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Lol Yoda. But seriously...look up my thread on here about the Grom Audio VLINE VL2.

Spork3245
Car: 2011 M56x

Yoda's Master wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:05 pm
There's a really big button on the right side with big red letter that says "SEARCH".

You don't even need to do that, just open your eyes and look on the main topic page.
Erm, I did search the forum, and it was about as useful as your jerk-style post. Instead of wasting time treading through pages of year+ old threads about updates for the stock system, and issues for the stock system, I thought it better to use the very purpose of a forum and create a post to ask a very simple question of which google was giving me zero results and this forums search function was turning up useless old information. You also seem to be inferring that there’s an obvious post somewhere on the first page or pinned to it, but there isn’t: I’m glad Illya mentioned the Grom as being an infotainment system as that thread title mentions nothing regarding infotainment.
Perhaps if you’re not going to contribute to a thread, maybe don’t click on it and move the hell on.

Yoda's Master
2009 370z

Spork3245 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:49 pm
Yoda's Master wrote:

Erm, I did search the forum, and it was about as useful as your jerk-style post. Instead of wasting time treading through pages of year+ old threads about updates for the stock system, and issues for the stock system, I thought it better to use the very purpose of a forum and create a post to ask a very simple question of which google was giving me zero results and this forums search function was turning up useless old information. You also seem to be inferring that there’s an obvious post somewhere on the first page or pinned to it, but there isn’t: I’m glad Illya mentioned the Grom as being an infotainment system as that thread title mentions nothing regarding infotainment.
Perhaps if you’re not going to contribute to a thread, maybe don’t click on it and move the hell on.
You're an idiot. It's obvious and only 6 posts below your useless thread. People need to learn how to search and read instead of posting the same thread over and over again.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Spork3245 wrote:
Yoda's Master wrote:

Spork, to be fair, a simple search of 'android' or 'apple car play' on this sub-forum would have resulted in the first post being my HowTo on how to install the GROM (search.php?keywords=android&fid%5B0%5D=1247).

That being said, the admins and mods are aware that the search function is less than stellar currently, but in this situation, it should have yielded the correct result pretty quickly.
Yoda's Master wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:37 pm
Spork3245 wrote:

You're an idiot. It's obvious and only 6 posts below your useless thread. People need to learn how to search and read instead of posting the same thread over and over again.
Now now guys, lets simmer down. I generally don't have to do much policing here because most people who own this car are working professionals but lets nip this in the bud right now. For new members, you would have to know what "GROM Audio VLine" systems are in order to realize you need to click on that thread and that's a my bad. I have updated the thread title to ensure that it is obvious that it has to do with Android Auto/Apple Car Play.

emm3seven
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x w/Tech + Touring

Ilya - did you ever find someone with an iPhone to test out CarPlay on your Vline setup? That was the one feature I most wanted, but couldn’t find confirmation that it actually worked. TIA

Ilya

emm3seven wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:31 am
Ilya - did you ever find someone with an iPhone to test out CarPlay on your Vline setup? That was the one feature I most wanted, but couldn’t find confirmation that it actually worked. TIA
I didn't :(. All of my family switched to Android and I always forget when around friends to have someone go to my car. Sorry sir.

emm3seven
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x w/Tech + Touring

Thanks! Given that the OP here specifically mentioned CarPlay, maybe Vline isn’t (necessarily) the best option. (Though aside from that, it looks awesome)

Yoda's Master
2009 370z

The CarPlay option is in VLine, but doesn't work. The system locks up until you disconnect the stupid iphone.

Ilya

There was that Chinese aftermarket system too floating around but rumor has it it is vastly under powered and will be laggy, etc. It was like $600 or something and completely replaces the screen and some of the vent/dash area with a larger screen where as the VLine connects as an input into the original system. Don't think anyone here has tested it.

The third option, which I tried and didn't like, is NavTool...look them up.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”