Aftermarket headunit help needed please!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Progen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL w/ Premium Package
Mods: Clear LED Taillights, LED Foglights, RGB footwell lights (OPT7), Red trim all around interior.

Hello everyone. I tried to install an aftermarket head unit from sinosmart on my 2015 Rogue (a headache if you DIY) and for the life of me I can't figure out what this plug from the OEM harness is for. I hope someone can help me. The headunit doesn't have an input for it.

https://imgur.com/a/uD7TmZ3

zengshengliu
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

Not 100% sure, but that looks like it is the radio antenna or the satellite radio antenna

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Definitely looks like an antenna connection. Odd that there's nothing about it in the Sino-Smart installation manual. There doesn't seem to be a way to contact customer support, other than [email protected]

Not all connectors on aftermarket HU's are used in every install. If everything is working fine then it's not necessary for yours, and nothing to worry about.

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Perhaps you have a different connection type for the antenna, you may need to buy/jerry-rig an adaptor, or if it comes with a built in antenna then you can ignore the cable.

Dich F.
Car: 2018 Rogue SV AWD

That is the satellite radio antenna for sure. I just replaced my HU with one that has nav. Works great, a little expensive but worth it because it was a plug-and-play. I just needed to add the nave antenna. Easy install, back on the road in less than two hours and great customer service.

https://www.infotainment.com/products/2 ... 3285487652

Good luck with your project.

Return to “Rogue Forum”