aftermarket headders and intake?

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
96stillen_max

hey guys. a friend of mine just bought a 510, 71 or 72 i think...but all the engines are the same right?

anyways, his birthday was a couple days ago and im loking for something to get for his car. he said the first thing he wanted to do was get rid of the old filter and intake (not the manifold) and put a new chrome one. also some headders.

where is a good place to look for these? and about how much would one or both run me $$$ wise? im not looking for some brand new fancy headders, but something better than the stock ones he has that are shot to ****. thanks.

cosmo

no help here, but it's spelled header, and it's singular

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

first off, I hate you ! I soo want a dime, one day ....http://www.racetep.com/z510card.htmlbut I think I'd opt for the turbo KA swap

nismo510
Car: building models and real cars.autocrossing

nissan were I live can order the long stile header.I'll try to get the maker and part number for you.The intake is harder.I lucked out on mine.

compression

I take it he is running the stock Hitachi carb? Does it have that aqua-blue air filter housing? If so, its the stock carb. Many put a weber carb onthere on there, most common is the 32/36. It makes a little more power and I really liked mine.If he really wants a chrome filter housing, and he doesnt want to buy a weber carb, then he should just get the stock air filter housing chrome plated.You shouldnt really use the term "intake" for a carbed car, people will confuse that with the tubular style intake systems commonly used on EFI cars.try the classifieds on this site for a header. [URL]http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/[/URL] If its the stock engine, then its the L16, there are other engines that pretty much bolt in, like the L18 and L20B. They all look the same, just different displacements, and the L20B has a 3/4 higher deck.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”