Aftermarket CD Changer?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
carlos_knology
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30

1995 J30.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully added an aftermarket CD changer to the system. I want to but I want to be able to control it via the controls on the Bose head unit.

I noticed that the connector is already in place in the trunk of the car but I'm certain that the pins are not compatible with any changers out there.

Has anyone been able to do this (via adapters, etc)?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

My grey Q had a set-up from teh previous owner, where you could control volume, bass and such via the factory headunit.The switching tracks and CD's function was run via a remote in the middle storage section.CD changer was a Sony.Looked pretty factory, maybe it was dealer installed option?

Anybody else wanna chime in?

Fred...:)

aemikeg

it was a factory option. the stock deck has an auxiliary input. get creative and you can add a line input from the aftermarket cd changer to the factory deck and avoid the other choice: fm modulated cd changer input. there may be an adapter available but i haven't used one in years. i say dunk the stock deck anyway, everything gets better with the change to a good deck. some guys like to keep the look of the stock deck but we all know the resale value of a q. change the deck, put an oe nissan pocket below it and enjoy much better audio.

mike:eek: (this guy reminds me of mr. bill... OH NOOOOO

Return to “General Chat”