Aftermarket Alarm advice

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
Noxy
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX
1992 NX2000
2004 Sentra Spec V

Morning everyone, quick story time. Yesterday around sunset I was out on a run with my dog, and as I got back I saw this red Civic, which I had seen before, sitting in my driveway. Dog takes off towards our carport barking something fierce. There's a couple "gangsta" kids looking at our Impreza and my NX. Normally, this would be weird, but the fact that I have no neighbors, and live in the country at a dead end with a 1/2 mile drive into the woods made me think what the h*** they were doing here. They said they got lost and saw the cars, I told them to leave immediately and if I saw them again I'd call the cops since I had their plate and knew where they attended classes, and they left.

Point of the story, I'm not worried about most of our cars since they have alarms or are stored, but my NX does not have security of any kind. I've already had one NX stolen, and I don't feel like losing another. I've been looking through alarms all night and honestly there are just so many out there with a cornucopia of options that it's gotten a little confusing. I was just wondering I could get some recommendations if I told you guys what I'm looking for in a system?

Car information:
-1992 NX2000 (B13 for those who aren't familiar)
-Manual Door locks
-Basically, manual everything except the mirrors...

Features Needed/Preferred
-Starter disable/fuel cut or something to stop engine
-Remote that alerts me when alarm sounds (I'm in class about 12 hours a day in the worst part of the city)
-Good sensors able to sense light shocks, but doesn't go off every time a leaf hits it.

All the other stuff such as remote start, smartphone apps, etc. is unnecessary. I know Viper is hailed as the best, but is anyone using or can recommend another alarm that is available with these features, and has been reliable thus far? Any input is welcome, as I'm very lost when it comes to audio/security things.

Thank you,
Nox

PS- Please refrain from making any derogatory remarks about the NX. If you don't like them, this guy doesn't care. :)

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

Hey, glad you got another NX! I still remember feeling bad for you when your sis told me about the last one. I'll look into what is available with what you want. Pretty much all of the alarms these days do about the same thing, and DEI puts different names on most of the ones out there that are really the same (viper, python, clifford, avital, etc) It will all come down to install as to how good of an alarm it is in the end. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you a few secrets to disable your car in ways most people won't think of.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”