After market fuel mileage unit? EC Rear view Mirror?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
AtlzBest26
Car: 2005 G35

I have a 05 G sedan with only the heated seats option (no electro rearview mirror, nav etc).

I really need the fuel management lcd display option. Is that an expensive piece to get and have it installed?

What about the electro chromatic rearview mirror? I see it selling on ebay ..used for $100...is it hard to get it installed?

Thanks!

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

I hate the EC mirror...i always turn mine off. The only thing I like about it is the Homelink Programming for my garage doors. That part is wonderful!

The Fuel Display option only came with the Navigation system, as far as i know. It would be VERY expensive.

AtlzBest26
Car: 2005 G35

i see, is the fuel mileage even a worthy piece of accessory to have?

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

tollboothwilley wrote:I hate the EC mirror...i always turn mine off.
Do you hate all EC mirrors or just yours? That is one thing I wish my coupe had and I was going to go install one. My I30 had it and I loved it at night when the idiots with their illegal HIDs blinded me from behind. The manual unit is too distracting with the secondary reflection.

phil4watching
Car: 06 infiniti g35 coupe

i love my ec mirror. i wish my side mirrors had them. as for your fuel mileage unit, that'll be a pretty penny. what part of ATL do you live in?

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

Sentientbydesign wrote:
Do you hate all EC mirrors or just yours? That is one thing I wish my coupe had and I was going to go install one. My I30 had it and I loved it at night when the idiots with their illegal HIDs blinded me from behind. The manual unit is too distracting with the secondary reflection.
Its actually not the mirror itself or the fact that it fades headlights to a greenish tint...I just hate that little power light that comes on. I know that sounds lame, but thats just it. Plus with my rear window at 5% tint, It doesnt change much anyways.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”