After market all around view

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
milton
Car: '13 M37X

Didn't see anything after a search but want to know about an after market all around view system.
Has anyone tried it? I have a '13 M37 and want to see if there is a system out there.
Thanks

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

That system is currently available, but only on the Q50 and the QX SUVs. It requires a $3,000 option which also adds surround sound and NAV. It requires extra cameras at the front, and under the side view mirrors, plus a processing unit that actually takes these images and transforms them to display a view from above. Assuming you can get the display from from one of these models, a processing unit, the extra cameras, the required sonar sensors, and install and wire these cameras and sensors, it 'should' work. Seems a daunting task though.
As for an aftermarket system that would include the cameras and display, where would you mount the display? You can't replace the factory display without losing all the other features on the car that use the factory display. Just doesn't seem possible and it's unlikely that you would want to go through the expense and risk to try it.
I, personally, do not think all-around view is "all that". I can see what's in front of me with my eyes, what's next to me through the windows and tilted side mirrors, and what's behind me with the rear camera. I cannot think of any situation where all-around view would be needed. Mind you, if my car had it, I'd like it and use it but I fail to see any situation where it is actually useful. Even for parallel parking, the rear cam and tilted mirrors are all you really need.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

AFAIK, there's no aftermarket around view system available. I've even checked with a couple companies to see if they had head units I could use to upgrade my Rogue's around view system, but they don't make anything compatible.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”