after crash suspension Q's

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
pancito
Car: CARS!!!

Hi like i mentioned before i had a little encounter with a sidewalk while in a u turn, the only thing that hit was the front right tire.

I don't know the actual part names, once again because i'm not from the US.

ok let's call "lower control arm" to the main attachment between the chassis and the hub/wheel assembly.

To the lower control arm, connects the Swaybar, the tension rod, and the steering control.

Well the sway bar apears to be ok.

the control arm is bent, the steering control is bent, and the tension rod is ok BUT the bushing is all messed up.

Where do i find this parts? do i buy the bushings, or does it all come pre-assembled, are there any aftermarket options?

Thanks

pancito

Does this picture apply to me? can you name all the parts :D

basically everything from the front right side suspension is ****ed up, EXCEPT for the sway bar, strut/spring, and the hub/wheel/brake assembly.

pancito

Does the S13 and S14 are the same suspension-wise i found everything from the S13.

Also how does $250 for the 5 lug conversion sounds?

pancito

I have found the parts

Strut towe Brace $40 :DS14 TC Rods with SPF1202K Bushings....... $95 each (x2)

This 2 Parts is the ones that i don't know

S13 Lower Control Arm with SPF1009K Bushing pressed in. $90 each (x2)

Are this the Same as S14?

****I just notice that the S14 bushing is different but is the control arm the same??? ****

S14 MOOG Tie Rod Ends - ES3407 . . . . . . $32 each (2 required per car)Are this the Same as S14?

What are the TIE ROD ENDS? is the link that connects the steering wheel to the wheel it self.???

Are polyurethane bushings necesary for the espirited driver on the street (ie no racing, no 1/4 mile no autocross)?

pancito

Where did you get that price on the Moogs?

PDM at the bottom of the Suspension PageThanks

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”