afs ACTUATOR/BALLAST UNIT REPLACEMENT

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jbatista3
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Hello there, have any of you changed the AFS actuator/ ballast/ bulb housing on a front headlight on a 2006 infiniti m35x? mine went bad after water went in cuple months ago. ( don't ask me how) lol found rear access cap out of place. wondering if its difficult/ procedures/ any ideas... tx guys

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Having changed the ballast on a 2011 (slightly different), you're probably better off changing the whole assembly if you are having issues with the AFS (I have AFS also).

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Here is a youtube video that shows at least one way to replace the bulb in a G35 - same process as M35. I can't be bothered with all that trouble so I pay the dealer about an hour of labor to do it. If you need a ballast/ actuator / harness, etc 1lya is correct. You may as well just buy a whole new headlamp, but do NOT let the dealer provide it. Places like https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/cart sell genuine OEM parts at a huge savings - it's the only place I use for part replacement. There are also used parts on places like Ebay. Replacing the assembly might require removal of the bumper, but you will have peace of mind knowing there will be no more leaks.

jbatista3

Ilya wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:40 pm
Having changed the ballast on a 2011 (slightly different), you're probably better off changing the whole assembly if you are having issues with the AFS (I have AFS also).
i was thinking to do some clean retrofit work on them due to the fact that i had to open the assembly and close it again in order to change the afs. but i guess i'll go with just buy the assembly and replace the whole unit. tx

jbatista3

Larz wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:28 pm
Here is a youtube video that shows at least one way to replace the bulb in a G35 - same process as M35. I can't be bothered with all that trouble so I pay the dealer about an hour of labor to do it. If you need a ballast/ actuator / harness, etc 1lya is correct. You may as well just buy a whole new headlamp, but do NOT let the dealer provide it. Places like https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/cart sell genuine OEM parts at a huge savings - it's the only place I use for part replacement. There are also used parts on places like Ebay. Replacing the assembly might require removal of the bumper, but you will have peace of mind knowing there will be no more leaks.
youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_wzgNbjJR8[/youtube]
yeah... you are right. i was thinking to do some clean retrofit job on them, but seems its a lot of work to put in to. im just going to buy the assy and leave it OEM looking. tx

JDMZguys
Car: Nissan 370z 2012

Hi, did you change the ballast, or ballast and HID bulb together? I want to replace my HID bulbs and ballasts. I watched some videos, I have to remove the whole headlight assembly if I replace the ballast

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”