Advise Skyline 250GT/G35

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
Skyline250GT
Car: Nissan Skyline 250GT 2003 Auto

I have been told its the same as an Infinity G35 and Nisan 350Z

Engine is the 280Bhp VQ35DE non rev up

Hi Guys,

As I understand it the G35/350Z and Skyline 250GT are the same, apologies I was unsure where to post this i had no replies on the infinity forum

I purchased a Skyline 250GT and for a week it was fine, since then however there have been a few issues

I overheated in traffic, replaced the front fans with a mishimoto one, this one seems to come on as soon as the engine starts, always stays on now seems no control like the old one, im sure they are meant to stay on after the car stops to carry on cooling ect, i also heard the original ones run in slow medium and fast depending on the temperature, wondering if I made a big mistake buying the mishimoto one? anyway that cooling issue seems to be ok now the car no longer gets hot in traffic.

Since then I have had the Engine slip and VDC light come on, I took it for an oil change, filter change and had the diagnostic showed the following,

P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor Problem Bank 1
I got a OEM camshaft position sensor for just over £25 will be here in a few days ill try to fix it using youtube clips and forum info

P0327 Knock Sensor Bank 1 Signal Short/Low
Does it matter which brand I buy there seems to be a mix starting from £5 upto over £100. This one any good?
http://www.autozone.com/productComparis ... -sensor%3F
Looks to be to big a job for me do you know how much I would be looking at for a mechanic to do this?

P0113 Intake Air Temperature circuit signal high
I cant seem to find one online if anyone has a link to a good one? Im unsure if its the sensor on the outside of my airflow box, the sensor inside or the sensor near the radiator?
Once I have it I will try to fix it,

Any info or advice appreciated, I have looked over the forum a lot thanks for all the great work here

ca18det_boy

How is your fan wired in? Also, did anything in particular happen or all of a sudden it randomly started throwing codes?

Skyline250GT
Car: Nissan Skyline 250GT 2003 Auto

I have been told its the same as an Infinity G35 and Nisan 350Z

Engine is the 280Bhp VQ35DE non rev up

The fan has the OEM fit so just plugged directly in to the old connectors i had to do no wiring, funny enough i am sure it was when i broke hard, i had to stop fast and when I did i noticed the lights had come on, strange.....

ca18det_boy

Have you cleared the codes yet or are they still stored in the ECM? To me it looks like the codes you got were really random. If it were me...I would go ahead and erase the codes. Then I would see if they came back. If they return then the problem is systemic and I would look for a repair. Your cam, knock, and IAT sensors all throwing a code just seems really weird. Your knock sensor might have gotten damaged depending on how much it overheated in traffic, the cam sensor is just a problem child that I hear lots of people complaining about, and your IAT might also be related to the overheat condition. So anyways, now that the cooling is taken care of, like I said I would erase the codes and check to see if they come back. The only one I could imagine would return is the cam sensor code.

Logan Forde
Car: 2006 nissan skyline 250gt

I want to modify my car and I was thinking of putting on some cold air intakes and maybe a new ECU or a high flow catalyst converter but im not sure what ones will fit.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”