Advice on buying a 2011 FX35 with 42,000 miles (kinda high)

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
agentdss
Car: tbd

Currently looking at and about to possibly buy a Certified Pre-Owned FX35 in Los Angeles. According to CarFax, it is estimated that someone drove this 19,116 miles/yr, which is a lot! The car is in very good shape and looks great overall. Did a thorough test drive and everything seems fine. When I popped the hood after the drive, engine still running, the engine sounds OK, making a little rougher sounding that some other FXs I've looked at.

I've seen a lot of 2011 FX35s with very low mileage, averaging around 20k to 25k miles on them. There was one of those low mileage ones right now to this one, for almost the same price as the 42k miles one, except many more features/packages on the 42k one.

Is there anything I should be concerned about and look into? Other than the mileage, everything else about the car seems great and I'm pretty intense when it comes to nit picking at cars. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”