Advice for releasing real Rb25det power!!

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Jam-Dodge
Car: Nissan skyline R33 RB25det *Forged*

:rotflmao hello great community. Right, im getting real annoyed with all these tiny turbos or several newer n/a's thinking they can test a skyline & when i let go the gap just aint right, literally :facepalm:
mods i've got on my motor:

straright through rumbling free exhaust.
Fmic
hks filter.
manual boost controller.
stock turbo
uprated ecu think its apexi - i checked it & its a jap1
standard oil & fuel filter
not sure of fuel pump so guess stock.

thats bout it for the engine part. now boost comes on good :naughty: & boost controller starts butting in at 4.5k revs. this is another annoying bit i'll up the boost on this for sure.
i remember having my ca18 it never had a boost limiter & really revved hard in higher revs but my rb struggles to get close to six.
anyway apart from the top what else would i need for improving bhp on my motor.
thanks to all ya geniuses.

Jam-Dodge

oh one more thing, if i disconnect my o2 sensor - momentarily will that be enough to splash bit of extra fuel through the cylinders :woot: into the exhaust for a slight flamer :naughty:

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

i think you might be a slight flamer

flartius
Car: 1996 - Nissan 240sx SE RB25DET
2008 - Yamaha YZF-R6 - SOLD
2007 - Ford F150 FX4

RRRRB wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:31 pm
i think you might be a slight flamer
:rotfl

ca18det_boy

Jam-Dodge wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:59 pm
:rotflmao hello great community. Right, im getting real annoyed with all these tiny turbos or several newer n/a's thinking they can test a skyline & when i let go the gap just aint right, literally :facepalm:
mods i've got on my motor:

straright through rumbling free exhaust.
Fmic
hks filter.
manual boost controller.
stock turbo
uprated ecu think its apexi - i checked it & its a jap1
standard oil & fuel filter
not sure of fuel pump so guess stock.

thats bout it for the engine part. now boost comes on good :naughty: & boost controller starts butting in at 4.5k revs. this is another annoying bit i'll up the boost on this for sure.
i remember having my ca18 it never had a boost limiter & really revved hard in higher revs but my rb struggles to get close to six.
anyway apart from the top what else would i need for improving bhp on my motor.
thanks to all ya geniuses.
If I can decipher what you wrote correctly, I think you're motor just isn't running how it's supposed to. In the interest of trying to stay positive about what you've written, there needs to be more information. What's the chassis? What's your boost controller set to? What exact ECU are you running? What fuel injectors?

I'm assuming that you're trying to say that at 4500rpm, the motor begins to cut out, and it will barely get to 6k rpm. Is that correct? If you want answers to assist that problem, it would be a good idea to put more information out there.

Jam-Dodge

rrrb you dont know..... so just say it, & angry bird wannbe lol, leave it out pal

Jam-Dodge

ca18det boy. thats right mate it lacked power at 4500k but i think i figured the problem the rubber pipe from the turbo to the fmic has deteriorated, being so close to the ex mani its worn down over time going loose & leaking boost from that side, :chuckle: happy days for sure, sorted & fixed. and on that let me say i've got huge flames coming out the exhaust which;ll tear down a tree :naughty: now thats a fix :rotflmao thnks ca18det

ca18det_boy

Glad you got it sorted. I'm surprised that you could even get it up to 4.5k with a leak like that!

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”