Adjusting the headlights upward on the '13 FX37

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dcmidnight
Car: 2013 FX37

A lot of older threads here and elsewhere deal with this issue on some older models but I'm wondering if anyone has seen this specifically on the 37. Have had mine for almost exactly a year and honestly never noticed it until now. I guess mostly at night I've been in the city and haven't seen this but after a ride through the country last week I couldn't help but notice how low the headlights were aimed. It was a very hilly, up and down road in a 50mph zone and I couldnt see more than a half second out in front of me. Thankfully could use my high beams most of the trip - which were aimed perfectly - but otherwise had to slow down.

There are a number of adjustment pictures and such posted elsewhere that deal with older models but I'm wondering first if anyone has seen this issue and two if any of these adjustments have worked on your 37. I'll just be kind to myself and say that working on cars is not my specialty in life so if I'm going to try one of these solutions I'd love to have some help narrowing it down. ;)

2012 FX37
Car: 2013 FX - white , 20 inch wheels.

I think yours has HIDs, if so on my 2013 there is a push button switch on the left side of the steering wheel lower panel where you can manually raise or lower the light beam on the lights.

dcmidnight

Unfortunately that seems to only be if you have the tow package.

2012 FX37
Car: 2013 FX - white , 20 inch wheels.

IF mine has a tow package, I have not seen it listed on the equipment list . Have you checked your owners manual, page 2-40, I do have this switch on my car. My has the Deluxe touring Package and Premium Package and no where is this listed as a feature on the window sticker.

dcmidnight

Trust me, I dont have this option.

The tow package comment fwiw came from the service dept at the dealership.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”