Adding subs to Bose system

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
G35sedan04

I am about to purchase a new g35 Sedan. It has the premium package with the bose system. Is it possible to add a sub to the system or do I have to replace the entire system.

Thanks In advance.

Dennis

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Use an amp with line inputs and you can add a sub on any car. You can probably get the signal pretty easily from the rear speakers. You'll still need a power and remote line to be routed from the battery and stereo or other switched power source.

G35sedan04

I was told by someone at Circuit city that some of the Bose systems cut the bass as the volumn goes up to pretect the speakers.......and therefore I would lose the bass sent to the sub as well....does the infiniti bose system do this?

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Never heard of this, but I don't henestly know. Whether that affects you ability to add a sub will depend on what frequency they start redusing the bass at and to what degree. If it's a stepped fade like a crossover does, then there may be enough of the low frequency still left to be able to run a sub. If it's filtered out entirely from a certain frequency on, you won't hear any of the frequency that is filtered. But chances are, they probably won't filter at too high a frequency. Bass is still a necessary frequency to provide a dynamic range. And it;s possible it may be an infrasonic filter which is basically a filter for the sounds below the ability of the human ear to hear. This low a frequency requires a lot of power to run propery and is wasted energy anyways. Many sub amps have this built in now.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome to NICO Dennis.

You may want to ask your question in our car audio forum. Here is a link. http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....id=99

G35sedan04

rydwhite: Thank You

I purchased a Black and Graphite Sedan w/ Premium, aero, and Sports suspension last night.

I will try the audio forumn.

ThanksDennis

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”