Adding Powered Subwoofer

All things Altima Coupe.
lasaint

Anyone added a powered subwoofer to stock Bose system in 2008 AC? Instructions, tips?

lasaint

After much research (not much info) and studying my AC interior/exterior, I finally got it installed. When I was in my teens and early 20's, I always enjoyed listening to quality sounds in all my vehicles. This including going through the experience of installing the aftermarket equipments (stereo, subs, amps, etc.) Anyhow, the AC was definitely a challenge (not impossible) on getting the amp wire configured. Also, integrating the existing factory BOSE with my powered subwoofer. I didn't have to fish the power wire through the firewall nor drill a hole (that was the option I was leaning towards). I ran the power wire through the fender to the grommet of the door. The wire is not noticeable and does not interfere with the function of the door from opening/closing. Now, the factory BOSE comes to life in the AC -- getting the lows. Please note - this is not an install to compete in any competition or show.

lasaint

One more important detail that I forgot to mention: Most importantly, the power wire does NOT get crushed, bent, etc. when closing/opening the door. You only see the wire if you fully extend the door when opening. Otherwise, everything looks stock.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”