Active Suspension Fixed in Under Two Minutes!!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
QShip

Over two months ago, I had my car switched from conventional motor oil to synthetic. After the shop had completed the job, the service writer told me about some other items that will need to be addressed soon. I said okay and got into my car to leave.

After leaving the parking lot, I noticed the Active light was on. The ride was hard and bouncy. I figured the active bug finally caught me.

I told 1qckser about the situation and we decided to do a diagnostic test. The code that was thrown was 54. Oh well, I'll start saving to swap the suspension to conventional.

On Sept. 5th, I decided to clean the engine. As I was cleaning the engine, the Lord said to clean the area by the active suspension reservoir. I started to clean the area and I noticed a large wire that was not connected. One was very close to the oil filter and the other end was underneath the intake.

I plugged the wires together and the suspension started to work again!!

The shop must have inadvertently disconnected the wires while changing the oil!

Thank God that was it.

911/Q45
Car: Autos, Fitness

Victory for the good guys! Bet you'll do your own oil changes from now on!

alexhho

Yeah! That sounded fishy. It's a good thing you caught the problem. I would definitely stay away from the shop...probably even go as far as reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, so that other Infinity owners will not have the unpleasant surprise after leaving this shop.

Return to “General Chat”