Active Fuses

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
GreenQ45a
Car: 2012 Altima 3.5 SR CVT - Dark Slate w\Black Leather Sport\Tech\Premium

2010 Pathfinder 4.0 SE Auto - Red w\Grey Cloth Towing Pkg\Tech 1

Who knows where ALL the ACTSUS (Active suspension) fuses are located.

also Who know how to reset the entire Active system?

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

Keith does.

might try fsm too.

what do you mean by reset the entire system? you want to clear codes?

GreenQ45a

not really reset codes..

Keith said to reset the active computers...because I cannot complete the self diag.this happend last time when I swaped out the accumulators.. the ACTSUS light stays on... and the self test wont run...

He just sent me an email with more detailed info I posted this after receiving his last email which did not have much detail..

I will check back @ 2:00ish after work to see if you are anyone else has posted..thanks GQ Jay

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

Green, I think you can clear a fault with key on, and stomp the brake more than 10 times in 10 seconds.my understanding is that the act sus lite will 'reset' every time unless there is a fault [but the stored codes stay in until you clear them].

GreenQ45a

Has anyone else had a stuck on ACTSUS light?

It still won't run a self diag...

I unplugged the CPU for 10 mins...

Removed the two fuses under the dash...

CPU still won't reset...

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

You can look at the FSM and it shows all the fuses in the circuit diagrams.

Jehangir
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45A

Have you figured out which codes the ACTSUS light is flashing. If not. You should turn on your ignition without starting your car. toggle the height switch 10 times within 10 seconds. your ACTSUS light will then start flashing the latest codes. You can use your brake pedal to clear each code. I hope this helps. I have tried to disconnect my master control module but it still didn't clear my codes.Good luck

GreenQ45a

Jehangir thanks for the input....

I had said in a post in this thread that it will not complete the self diag or self test... page 65 of the factory service manual...If I had a code to go with trouble shooting would be done and the part replaced or repaired...

I think Redman is coming through with new Active Control unit (Active CPU)I guess I have to wait for his CPU to see if mine is toast... mine was working before I ran dry on active fluid for a few days...

I had this issue before I changed out my 4 main accumulators... it went away after a week.... Texasoil says the CPU is offline.... I'm about to get my active suspension wire harness so I can install the Active suspension controller I got from Miniman...

I would really suck if I got the harness before I got the Active CPU back online...

I have found fuses #18 23 25 27.... page 59 Factory Service manual..

Does anyone (Q45Tech please help) know if a consult will still run tests if the on board won't complete?

It seems like the control unit must be working to run the self test.What about the consult if the Active CPU if failing?

Thanks for any input

Jehangir
Car: 1992 Infiniti Q45A

Do you hear your multivalve close when you first start your engine. Also how is the car riding?

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

I never saw this thread Green, sorry. Jehangir has the right way to check the codes. In past threads the codes are said to reset when the car is off. If you have a constant problem then the light will stay on. A Consult will let you know problem.

Your CPU is boxed and ready to go. You can paypal [email protected]. 50 for everything including shipping. Need your address. I can have this sent out UPS tomorrow. I hope this helps as mine was fine and is in great shape.

red

GreenQ45a

Jehangir wrote:Do you hear your multivalve close when you first start your engine. Also how is the car riding?
No I haven't been trying to hear it.

I will after this post.

I don't think I remember hearing it before though when the system was working.

I did here a loud bang from it after I refilled it.

Could the multi-valve keep the ACTSUS light from going off?

I still need the computer as backup even if mine was to work.

Red I will email you with the payment and shipping details.Do you want a 2GB GMail account? I have a ton of invites left.

GreenQ45a

bump

redmanfx

GreenQ45a wrote:
Red I will email you with the payment and shipping details.Do you want a 2GB GMail account? I have a ton of invites left.
I have Nistarr for serious stuff and Hotmail for all the iffy and spam stuff. What can Gmail do for me? Is it free every year? Can I have a beautiful female model come to my door and try to sell me? Is it like Hotmail? I don't really think I need it if it's just e-mail.

red

GreenQ45a

redmanfx wrote:I never saw this thread Green, sorry. Jehangir has the right way to check the codes. In past threads the codes are said to reset when the car is off. If you have a constant problem then the light will stay on. A Consult will let you know problem.

Your CPU is boxed and ready to go. You can paypal [email protected]. 50 for everything including shipping. Need your address. I can have this sent out UPS tomorrow. I hope this helps as mine was fine and is in great shape.

red
Yo Red...(look to the left ... look to the right)

I got the package...

The bad news is the alternator died in my Q45a so I can't try the computer till the R & R is complete

I thank you for the control unit can't wait to install it.

I guess stuff comes in three's...

1 Active computer...2 Alternator dies @ 115,0003 water pump is weeping

Have a Bosch rebuilt Nissan Alternator 110 AMP Ready to install..But getting the old one out is a great adventure

If the active computer goes then… Next is 4 Texasoil rebuilt strut carts to go with my Texasoil accumulators.

That should finish off the last active leak.Only one is leaking but at Keith’s prices you can get 4 rebuilt for the price of one OEM.

I still need more info about removing the A\C compressor. Its mostly the active lines I'm worried about.

There are some great threads but reading through all of them and watching my son and working is tough oops I forgot working in that tiny little area that is packed with even more S**T then a F-18 Jet-Aircraft

I swear it was a lot easier to work on a F-18 then this thing sometimes

redmanfx

GreenQ45a wrote:
I swear it was a lot easier to work on a F-18 then this thing sometimes
Tell me about it! Well, as compared to the average car, say a Chevy with a small block, the active Q is alien technology! Sorry to hear about the alternator. Sounds to me like you are very close to getting the Q to full active status again. You'll love it.

red

Th4rg0r
Car: '94 Infiniti Q45

Hi, first post, but been reading for a while ...

Not sure if this'll help, but my Q does the "bang" when I first bought the car and the suspension will drive like a boat. I guess the bang is when something switches off on the A.

Anyways, on my Q, it was the idling set too low, it was so low it's fluctuating ... and the active will turn off into fail-safe with a low idle. Everything time the idle fluctuates and drops when driving, it goes "bang" and I'll be swimming. :p

Fluid topping also must be done with the engine running (you must have known this, just for the records).

And, I too, thanks Keith for recharging my accu, and for the rack mounts ... ... really can't thank him enough.

Not much help, but good luck ...Th4r

PS: and since your alternator is bad ... your computers will reset itself after some time if the battery is off.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to NICO!!

Th4rg0r
Car: '94 Infiniti Q45

elwesso wrote:Welcome to NICO!!
Heh heh, after so many years, it's still "the" forum for me ... though I mostly read, don't feel I know enough to chip in most of the time. :P

And my girl's ivory-pearl '94 Q45a, that, as a formal introduction. Austin, Texas. Can't miss it if you see her in Austin, right outer rear was dented by this toyota truck in the car park. Used the insurance money to buy new valve gaskets, fuel pump, filter, plugs, oil pressure switch, alternator, battery ... and cartons of cigs for while I do the job.

So, kinda used to the dent, gives her some character ... heh heh.

Shang

Aussie Q45a
Car: '89 JDM Q45a, Skyline GTR, '95 Fairlane. MB Winnebago

Hey Green
GreenQ45a wrote:Jehangir thanks for the input....

I had said in a post in this thread that it will not complete the self diag or self test... page 65 of the factory service manual...If I had a code to go with trouble shooting would be done and the part replaced or repaired...

I think Redman is coming through with new Active Control unit (Active CPU)I guess I have to wait for his CPU to see if mine is toast... mine was working before I ran dry on active fluid for a few days...

I had this issue before I changed out my 4 main accumulators... it went away after a week.... Texasoil says the CPU is offline.... I'm about to get my active suspension wire harness so I can install the Active suspension controller I got from Miniman...

I would really suck if I got the harness before I got the Active CPU back online...

I have found fuses #18 23 25 27.... page 59 Factory Service manual..

Does anyone (Q45Tech please help) know if a consult will still run tests if the on board won't complete?

It seems like the control unit must be working to run the self test.What about the consult if the Active CPU if failing?

Thanks for any input
Hey GreenHave you resolved this problem yet? I can't get rid of my active warning light by pumping the brake nor can I get a code by toggleing the NH switch. Have checked fuses 18,23,25&27 all are OK. The Active light only came on since I recharged the accum's. Maybe I,ve stuffed the PSI I put in the Accum's. What do you recon?You said somewhere that things happen in 3"s... try this The more things I try to repair on the Q the more things seem to fail!!Sent the car to the Auto Elect. to fix tail lights and when I picked it up the tail light still don't work but the windows are stuffed as well and the FL headlight is out and the Tech still charged $210 for his time .On the positive side of things, while I was searching for the tail light short in the boot I found the connection to illuminate the INFINITI badge across the TRUNK.Aussie

GreenQ45a

I found that the trunklid support arms were responsable for my backup lights not working..

The wire loom had come loose on the drivers side and got pinched right where the wire loom\harness passed through the trunklid ... start there.

I have some pictures or the repair I'll try to find them..

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”