Activating Voice Recognition with Top Down

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
BryceThomason
Car: 1 G37 Sport and 1 special edition G37

Hello,

I have a new G37 Convertible and I find it annoying that I can't seem to use the voice recognition when the top is down. Does anyone know if there is a way? I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you use the voice command just because you are in convertible mode. You can still talk on the phone, but no commands can be issued.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I know this was mentioned by another owner. Apparently it is set to not work, probably due to wind noise interference.
TransformerTop wrote:I hate that you cannot use the Infinity Nav while moving. I understand why...but dont like that the Voice Recognition does not operate with the top down.

Potomac-Greg
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible

biggie wrote:I know this was mentioned by another owner. Apparently it is set to not work, probably due to wind noise interference.
I've never owned an Infiniti or a Nissan, but in other brands, there is often a software interface that can be used to change preferences that are not changeable by owners. I assume Nissan found it too much trouble to use the voice recognition. But if you're sitting at a red light, it should work fine.

I also would love to be able to put video through the nav screen while the car moves just for my kids.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”