Accessing Window Motor

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
humuju
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 S

My left rear window motor broke and I want to replace it. However, I am having trouble accessing it. I got the plastic cover off but can't access the door cavity. I looked up some youtube videos but all those cars seem different. They either have the motor directly exposed as you take of the plastic cover or there is a metal plate that you can remove by taking some screws off. I don't seem to have that metal cover. Even after removing the seal along the side of the door I can't see anywhere where any metal plate could be separated from the door. I must be missing something.

humuju
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 S

I have attached a picture of the door. There are a bunch of screws I already took off thinking there is a panel that can be removed. However, the door seems to be one single piece. There are a couple of openings on the left side but the motor is all the way on the right side making it hard to impossible to access. I must be missing something.
Attachments
RearLeftInfiti2009G37SSmall.jpg

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”