Accelerator not responding.

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
tmorales509
Car: 1991 nissan maxima gxe auto

This is for a 03 altima 2.5L i am trying to figure out what it wrong for a relative. Anyways they stated that the car would not go over a certain mph and then shortly after the car would not move at all. After inspection i found that when you press the gas pedal there is no reponse. So i bought a new accelerator pedal sensor and replaced it and still does the same thing. I can press the pedal all the way down and the rpm will only move a little..Is there anything else that would cause this? I also noticed the alternator light was on which im guessing is indicating that the alternator is bad as well. Would a bad alternator cause the pedal not to work or could it be something else? It did have a check engine light on. I pulled the codes and they were p0733 and p0507..before this the car ran perfect, no misfire or anything.

Nzmo
Car: 89 hatch, POS. 02 altima

Alternator can cause this forsure. I'd start there. I'd also check the battery could have a dead cell. I just went through this same issue

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”