Acceleration when Brake Pedal is pushed

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
jedijax80
Car: 2004 FX35

I recently purchased a 2004 FX35 with 119K miles. While I've always admired this car, I have experienced a potentially fatal problem. On two separate occasions, when I pressed the brake, the engine rapidly accelerates. The first time, I towed it to Infiniti, and true to form, nothing happened. Two weeks later, at a red light, it did it again pushing me into a busy intersection.

Fortunately, I was able to push it into neutral, thus stopping the car. This time, I pulled into a parking lot and made a video on my phone clearly identifying the problem. My right foot was firmly on the bottom, left hand portion of the brake pedal, and you can clearly hear the engine roaring and the tach in the 4-5K range.

Infiniti claims to have never heard of the problem, but the video is proof positive of this problem. The dealership I purchased this from has been attentive, but is dragging their feet.

Can anyone provide some insight on similar problems ? Thanks for any assistance provided.

Gilley

I haven't heard of this issue with the FX or the G.

I'd look under the dash to make sure nothing from the brake pedal is pressing the accelerator pedal.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”