Acc fuse or line?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
beachbum718
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37 S

Can anyone show me where the acc fuse or line is under driver's side dash.or give me a fuse outlet that only powers on when acc is turned on.there is no acc fuse in fuse location...cigar and power socket stay on when car is off. So can't use them.id posts pic but this site is to much work to post pics...please help!!! :ohno: I also know there is a acc line under dash but can't find it.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

There are slots in the driver's side fuse box that are empty. I would test them with a meter and find one that has no power until the start button is set to ACC. That way, you can add a fuse and wire to that slot and be confident that power will only be available when the car is running and that the circuit is protected. It might help others in this forum if you were to explain what it is that you are attempting to hook up. Perhaps others have already done the install and provide guidance. Good luck.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

I used the 20A “Power Socket” Fuse in the driver side foot well fuse box. Use a test light or multimeter to make sure it does what you want it to.

beachbum718

Well my battery is draining from somewhere.thought it was my air management. But it's not.unplugged my air management. Charged battery full.let car sit unstartedfor 2 days.battery now dead.guess I need the even update or whatever it is.off to the stealership this tuesday.

Debonair

beachbum718 wrote:Well my battery is draining from somewhere.thought it was my air management. But it's not.unplugged my air management. Charged battery full.let car sit unstartedfor 2 days.battery now dead.guess I need the even update or whatever it is.off to the stealership this tuesday.
My guess is that they will tell you it's the battery. it might be at low to mid 12s voltage but not have any cranking amps to start the car. Not sure how much diagnostics and repair are you do on your own but putting a multimeter on the battery and watching the voltage while you are cranking it is an easy way to test it. The voltage should stay around 10 to 12V or higher when cranking. If it drops down lower it's almost guaranteed a bad battery

You can also have a local auto parts store test the battery for you (usually free), which might save you a bunch of time and money vs. the dealership.

beachbum718

Battery Is one year old.once I went away for a weekend and left lights on.and killed battery.i read online that 2011 m37 need bgm or tc updated to fix a drainage problem.

beachbum718

Debonair wrote:
beachbum718 wrote:Well my battery is draining from somewhere.thought it was my air management. But it's not.unplugged my air management. Charged battery full.let car sit unstartedfor 2 days.battery now dead.guess I need the even update or whatever it is.off to the stealership this tuesday.
My guess is that they will tell you it's the battery. it might be at low to mid 12s voltage but not have any cranking amps to start the car. Not sure how much diagnostics and repair are you do on your own but putting a multimeter on the battery and watching the voltage while you are cranking it is an easy way to test it. The voltage should stay around 10 to 12V or higher when cranking. If it drops down lower it's almost guaranteed a bad battery

You can also have a local auto parts store test the battery for you (usually free), which might save you a bunch of time and money vs. the dealership.
You were right.bad cell in battery. Dealership tested battery.ecm is updated already.no drain from system.found dead cell.bought a red top optima from advance auto with coupon code for 184.00
Returning my 19 month old iinterstate s***

Debonair

beachbum718 wrote:You were right.bad cell in battery. Dealership tested battery.ecm is updated already.no drain from system.found dead cell.bought a red top optima from advance auto with coupon code for 184.00
Returning my 19 month old iinterstate s***
Glad to hear its sorted out. It's no fun not trusting your car to start every time. :dblthumb:

beachbum718

Debonair wrote:I used the 20A “Power Socket” Fuse in the driver side foot well fuse box. Use a test light or multimeter to make sure it does what you want it to.

Do you have one fuse in that tap line? And is a 20amp.i bought one today it only comes with a 15 amp at it's highest n says don't use a 20amp in it.and the power socket is a 20amp fuse

Debonair

beachbum718 wrote:Do you have one fuse in that tap line? And is a 20amp.i bought one today it only comes with a 15 amp at it's highest n says don't use a 20amp in it.and the power socket is a 20amp fuse
The one I purchased is good up to 21amp. I'm running 20's.

Here

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”