AC switches from recirc to outside on its own AND rear gate height

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
nabril
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello
I have 2 questions:
1. I notice that my AC switches from recirc to outside air on its own. Why does it do that?

2. Is there a way to get the rear gate to lift higher? I'm 6'1'' tall, and I've hit my head many times. If I push it up by hand, it stops and locks after less than 1/2 inch. I'm wondering if it's possible to raise it higher.

Thanks

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

1) I commute between Miami and Orlando weekly and its the temperature inside when its cold enough, that it starts to bring in outside air on its own. Mine does this frequently, so I lower the fan speed to make sure it stays in Recirculation mode.

2) Was someone shorter than you using the vehicle that set the lower height? And to raise the tailgate, higher, you have to replace the hatch struts to ones that allow you to lift the hatch higher. But then you have to deal with the hinges at the top of the hatch, which goes all the way back to its limit.

nabril
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:17 am
1) I commute between Miami and Orlando weekly and its the temperature inside when its cold enough, that it starts to bring in outside air on its own. Mine does this frequently, so I lower the fan speed to make sure it stays in Recirculation mode.

THANK YOU - that makes sense.

2) Was someone shorter than you using the vehicle that set the lower height? And to raise the tailgate, higher, you have to replace the hatch struts to ones that allow you to lift the hatch higher. But then you have to deal with the hinges at the top of the hatch, which goes all the way back to its limit.
Nope, it's my car and even though it's lower than I would like, I can only lift it an inch or less more. I would love to be able to replace something so that it went higher, but like you said - it would require new struts and hinges, and it's probably not worth the hassle.

Return to “Rogue Forum”