AC,RADIO,NAVIGATION, DASHBOARD LIGHTS SHORT CIRCUIT

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
otis.summers
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan

Periodically when I initially start my My 2003 G35 the AC, Radio and dashboard lighs (This is what I have observed so far) will not come on at startup. After about a quater to a half mile of driving the AC and radio will start and the dash lighs will come on. Not all dash lights cease to function, only the spedometer, lower panel containg the AC controls and radio stop working. This began about 4 month ago and was very sporadic. Lately, this have began to happen while driving. The AC, radio, dasboard lights and Navigation system will stop for a minute or two and come back on after a couple of driving miles. The engine is not affected and the auto continues to run smoothly. My car only has 58000 miles. Thanks for any assistance.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

I think I would start with the dimmer switch... try wiggling it when the problem occurs. You might also try tapping or wiggling the ignition switch as well. If you can get something to "fix" it for a second, you'll know where to look.

Heath

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”