Ac problems

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
ICEYH0TT
Car: 2006 nissan 350z

New to the forum but i have owned a 350z for two years i have used this site a great source of info but recently i had an ac issue with my Z for a while i could hear a squeaking coming from my ac compressor and the one day after letting my gf use my car i noticed ac wasnt as cold as it use to be and also noticed the small squeal was gone well eventually day by day ac continued to get hotter now blows really hot i can hear the ac clutch kick on but no change in the ac still blows hot i did however purchase a small can with no gauges and figured if i just put in one can and would wait to se if there was any change then i would know it needed a recharge but there was no change at all continued to blow hott as a note i did at one time work in an automotive repair shop as a pm tech but this has me puzzled can anyone offer any help thank you

djwarner
Car: 1971 240Z Series I
2006 350Z

Try removing the positive terminal on the battery for 15 seconds. Modern systems monitor various components and will shut down the AC to prevent damage. Removing the battery connection will reset the recorded fault.

If the AC works for awhile and then stops again, it probably has a bad sensor somewhere.

As an alternative, stop at a parts dealer and ask them to scan your codes.

ICEYH0TT
Car: 2006 nissan 350z

I will try that today i will post the outcome later today thank you very much for the info dj

chipahoy
Car: 1999 Infiniti Q45T, 250,000k

related question, how do you remove those rivets/plugs from the clutch plate to use the holding tool?I tried vice grips, screwdriver, nada?

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

If the system was already charged adding only one car could overcharge the system, causing it to not function or even damage the compressor or blow out a release valve. Adding anything to the system without first checking pressures is just asking for trouble. a cheap manifold set will tell you quickly if the system is full, empty or in between as well as the health of the low pressure valve.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”