AC problem?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
walt
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I have a 2008 Rogue SL AWD. Great vehicle.

The light in the center of the temperature dial - indicating that the AC is on - comes on at various times when I am ajusting the ventalation controls.

It is cold here in my area now so I am not trying to run the AC.

When I switch the vent controls from defroster back to dash vents/floor vents, for example, sometimes the AC light will come on. Also, if I press the fan dial to turn off the circulation of air from the outside, the AC light comes on.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this????

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

walt wrote:I have a 2008 Rogue SL AWD. Great vehicle.

The light in the center of the temperature dial - indicating that the AC is on - comes on at various times when I am ajusting the ventalation controls.

When I switch the vent controls from defroster back to dash vents/floor vents, for example, sometimes the AC light will come on. Also, if I press the fan dial to turn off the circulation of air from the outside, the AC light comes on.

Yes, this appears to be a 'feature' and not a problem. They might have been drinking when programming the a/c and recirc features of the Rogue's ventilation system as everyone seems to be confused about how it defaults to certain settings at various times.... -Jimmy

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

walt wrote:I have a 2008 Rogue SL AWD. Great vehicle.

I posted this under the repairs and solutions topic. Sounds like we may have to adapt if all Rogues are designed this way.

"Do I have a problem? On my recent road trip to NC I noted a concern with my Rogue's climate controls. Not sure if it is a problem or something unique to Nissan. With the cooler temps I did not need the AC just fresh air but when I pressed the recirculate air button the AC would activate and the AC light would come on. This was occuring with the vent selection in upper (dash vents) mode not defrost. I know that the AC activates in defrost mode but is it normal for it to come on when switching from outside air to recirculate air? It's not that big a deal I just have to manually cut the AC off."

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

My guess is the A/C kicks in automatically to prevent humidity from increasing. Typically, when the recirculating mode is active in most cars, there's no place for moisture to go and, depending on temperature and conditions, there's the potential for the windows to get a bit foggy. By having the recirculated air pass through the A/C, it's kept drier and you wouldn't need to toggle between defrost and the normal vent setting. I assume Nissan would not have set it up that way without a reason ...

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

The weird thing is that you cannot put the system in recirc without AC being on when the floor registers are selected; yet you can put the system in recirc without the A/C if you put it in mixed mode -- floor registers and dash vents. I just don't understand that logic...

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

cpca wrote:My guess is the A/C kicks in automatically to prevent humidity from increasing. Typically, when the recirculating mode is active in most cars, there's no place for moisture to go and, depending on temperature and conditions, there's the potential for the windows to get a bit foggy. By having the recirculated air pass through the A/C, it's kept drier and you wouldn't need to toggle between defrost and the normal vent setting. I assume Nissan would not have set it up that way without a reason ...
Probably a good guess. I have seen complaints posted for other vehicles regarding foging issues when recirculate air is misused. Although I new exactly what to do to prevent the foging issue in a Honda or Toyota, others may not and I guess this is Nissan's way of making the system a no brainer... so instead of window foging in a Rogue you get a change from fresh air temp to AC temp. which is cooler and you either change the temp setting or cut the AC off when you press the recirculate button.

Return to “Rogue Forum”