Ac not working

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Rainydays1980
Car: 2008 nissan rogue

I have a 2008 nissan rogue and the ac just stopped working and all it does is blow hot air. The freon charge is full, but still no cold air, we are getting power from the fuse but the power is not getting to the compressor, any suggestions on what it could be?
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted duplicate thread

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

the compressor clutch failed & needs to be changed
the compressor wires are damaged somewhere close to the plug
the compressor needs to be changed.
the pressure switch is broken

cristyann13
Car: 2011 Nissan rogue sv AWD

I have a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD . My AC started to blow hot air my dad is a mechanic he said it has Freon the compressor seems to be working just the Ac clutch won't kick on . My brother says its the AC relay switch I have searched everywhere in the fuse box under the hood I see no AC relay switch . How is it Labeled ? I seen a picture on here on a relay switch but there not labeled on my car .I called Nissan dealer they said there wasn't an AC relay so now I'm confused .
I'm trying to get this fixed without going to the dealer I cannot afford them .Help please !!
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

cristyann13 wrote:I have a 2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD . My AC started to blow hot air my dad is a mechanic he said it has Freon the compressor seems to be working just the Ac clutch won't kick on . My brother says its the AC relay switch I have searched everywhere in the fuse box under the hood I see no AC relay switch . How is it Labeled ? I seen a picture on here on a relay switch but there not labeled on my car .I called Nissan dealer they said there wasn't an AC relay so now I'm confused .
I'm trying to get this fixed without going to the dealer I cannot afford them .Help please !!
Merged with existing thread.

Welcome to NICO!

Here's a link to the FSM for your model year Rogue. http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2011/ You'll want to look at the HAC file.
The a/c relay is located on the driver's side of the dash.

Also, take a moment to read these threads:
2009-rogue-air-conditioning-repair-t592638.html
ac-issues-t590422.html
chatroom-a-c-compressor-s-clutch-pulley ... 77895.html

cristyann13
Car: 2011 Nissan rogue sv AWD

I looked where the diagram says the relay switch is and mine is different is this diagram for a
2011 ?
Here is a picture

superado

Any update to this?
I have 2009 and have same issue...and can't locate ac relay.
Dealership doesnt show it either.
Does it not have one?

superado

I have searched this site and others and Googled til my thumbs are tired.
I have contacted a Nissan dealership as well.
Threads here seem to stop short of confirming or denying that an ac relay even exists.
The only post implying there is one says its under the dash but diagram differs from vehicle.
One dealership parts guy said there was one but said no diagrams noted its location.
Another one stated that there is not one listed at all.
RockAuto doesn't list one either.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

superado

Guess I hadn't reached the end of the internet superhighway prior to posting this.
AC relay is built into the IPDM and is not serviceable.
Hopefully, this will prevent someone else from wasting their time trying to locate an ac relay as I have have for the last several days.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

superado wrote:I have searched this site and others and Googled til my thumbs are tired.
I have contacted a Nissan dealership as well.
Threads here seem to stop short of confirming or denying that an ac relay even exists.
The only post implying there is one says its under the dash but diagram differs from vehicle.
One dealership parts guy said there was one but said no diagrams noted its location.
Another one stated that there is not one listed at all.
RockAuto doesn't list one either.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
As the subject of AC relay location was already being discussed in this thread, and you had commented on it, there was no need to start a new thread. Topics merged. BTW, if you you look at my sig line you'll find a link to the Rogue FSM.

Return to “Rogue Forum”