AC and breaking

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
VA 240-SX SER

I test drove a Versa SL today and I noticed the AC couldn't keep up and the brakes seemed a little sluggish. Has anyone else noticed this? Otherwise I thought it was a great car. I wanted other opinions before I take the plunge. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Brakes take a while to break in (pardon the pun). A car that is fresh off the lot or has fresh rotors and pads feels very very different from a car you've been driving for a while, one you're comfortable with. Unless the actuation of the brake pedal itself is hard, I usually disregard how they feel new.

As far as the A/C goes... depends on where you are. In the Seattle area today, it was a nice 75-80 and sunny, and cruising around at level 1 on the A/C was perfect. In most cars, I would have to alternate between level 1 fan and level 1 AC.

My Hyundai does well on constant level 2 in the Tri-cities when it's about 95, so I'd say level 3 constant on the Versa would probably do fine for that.

If you live somewhere that's hotter than some sunspots, then yeah, might be a little too weak.

Paula
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/convience pkg

I live near Nashville, TN. The temps here haven't dropped below 90* or the humidity below 60% since I got my Versa about 10 days ago. Fan on 4 with temp knob all the way to the left works well here.

Also...... today I got all the windows tinted. I can tell already just from picking it up that that is going to make a world of difference in the interior heat build-up.

Paula

Return to “Versa General Chat”